About salary to live decently.

Hello Everyone, I am sathish here. I got a job offer(civil engineer) to work in construction company (Amin construction pvt) in Maldives. they are offering 1500 $ plus accommodation , food & medical any one can help me whether its hope fully good to work in that company .  iam single and salary  is survival to live maldives This is my first time to work abroad,. It'll be a 2 years contract. I am also afraid . There are a lot of questions in my mind that left unanswered. Please help! Any relevant information regarding the island life is very much appreciated. Thank you

Hi sathish,

Welcome to expat-blog!

I suggest to read some topics on the Maldives forum to get more information according to these information your are looking for. :)

Regards,

David.

i have covered in depth on another thread about the living costs, if your coming single and company provided accomodation, yes you can have a decent lifestyle in maldives for USD1500

thanks mooch, u information in forum  are really  helpful to me for lot of questions in my mind

Need one more suggestion from ur end .....my consultant advised me  to change my currency to USD  no need of rufiyaa, is it ok

Yes this is ok, because it is difficult to buy USD, and you cannot get USD at bank rate. If what you have agreed to pay to the agent is in USD then most of the agents will demand USD

Thnx mooch,all u r threads really helpful to me