Is Alicante the place? Grateful for any advice

We are now living in France but need to downsize as have a very big stone farmhouse and a lot of land to maintain. We once lived in Greece and loved the villa/swimming pool life style.
Anybody out there who can advise us firstly about how much a month it would cost us to live. (Greece now has lots of extra taxes, does Spain?) Here in France food/petrol shopping costs us about
80 euros a week (with couple bottles wine). Eating out is very expensive, at least 55 euros just for lunch. We are retired so do not need work. Looking for a good life, eating out, walking on the beach, swimming in a nice pool. Nice villa (but not estate) country views, driving distance to the sea and shops/restaurants/airport. My Husband likes a gym. Is Alicante the place? Grateful for any advice.

Hi Bobbi19,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

I have created a new thread as from your post on the Alicante Forum for better visibility

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hello,
iVE Lived in Alicante for the past 3 years, you can rent here cheaply,eat out for about 25 euros for 2,  its nice here, not much work, but the climate makes up for most of that, one thing though Spanish are quite Loud lots of fiestas firworks ect, cheers J

I am American and considering moving to your area.  Do you know of any apartments for rent at about $400 per month?

Thanks,

Bonnie

Hello Bonnie and welcome to Expat.com :)

For all accomodation offers, please refer to the housing section > Flats for rent in Alicante section. It might help.

Thanks.

Karen :)