Contemplating a move to Havana fro Canada

Hello folks,
My intro to this site was:
I am a Canadian citizen, legally married for just over 3 1/2 years to a Cuban citizen. We have been unsuccessful in obtaining a Canadian Permanent Residency (PR) Visa to enable my wife to come here to Canada. I am multicultural with a Dutch background, born in Indonesia and am able to communicate, somewhat, in Spanish.
Because our separation has been, and continues, to be painful, I am contemplating a temporary living situation for her and I together for 6 month periods with the hope to reapply for her to get that PR Visa eventually.
I am looking forward to learning a great deal from you and hope to make contributions as well.
Thanks.
Walt

Welcome Les!
You seem to indicate that you can choose to spend lengthy periods in Cuba which in turn indicates either being retired or in an occupation that allows such flexibility. I too am married to a Cuban, but we decided that my wife would remain a Cuban citizen working in Cuba. That incidentally did not make obtaining a Temporary Resident Visa to enable her to visit Canada easy - one was obtained from the very uncooperative Canadian Embassy in Havana at the fifth attempt and only following the much more helpful UK Embassy issuing her one. So our home is in Cuba and I spend more than half my time there. Unless your wife is already resident in Havana she will find it difficult to get perission from the Cuban authorities to live there but since last year you pnly require a Tourist Visa (no charge) and as a Canadian can get it extended for up to six months. Previously a personal visa was required. We are quite happy with our arrangement as there is no particular reason for wanting to live in Canada unless it is necessary for your employment. I understand you mentioning the pain of separation - but that is relieved by the joy of reunion and in today's world there are many occupations where one of the couple is overseas for prolonged periods. I would be the first to agree that if children are involved the picture is different.
It is difficult to say more without deeper knowledge of your personal position. I next return home to Cuba - we live over 60 km from Havana - towards the end of September. E-mail is not then possible. However if there is anything I can do to help or advise, please do respond. Si, ablo un poco espanol - es necesario porque mi esposa no ablar Ingles.