May I use european driver license in Uae?

Hi everyone!

I have a question about my drive license
Can I use my european driver licence here without doing nothing else (courses, exams,change it, pay something ) or no? and, if I must do something else which are the things who can let me to drive in Uea without problems. I must mention that I have my licence from 11 years.

Thanks!

Cklaudia wrote:

Hi everyone!

I have a question about my drive license
Can I use my european driver licence here without doing nothing else (courses, exams,change it, pay something ) or no? and, if I must do something else which are the things who can let me to drive in Uea without problems. I must mention that I have my licence from 11 years.

Thanks!

hi

Transferring An International License

Individuals who have driving licenses from any of the GCC countries or any of the countries mentioned below, can transfer to a Dubai driver's license without having to take driving lessons or tests. It is only important to transfer to a Dubai driving license if you are planning to reside in Dubai.

Australia  France  Japan  South Africa
Austria  Germany  Luxembourg  South Korea
Belgium  Greece  New Zealand  Spain
Canada  Holland  Norway  Sweden
Czech Republic  Iceland  Poland  Switzerland
Cyprus  Iran  Portugal  Turkey
Denmark  Ireland  Singapore  Great Britian
Finland  Italy Slovakia  United States

Those who want to transfer their license must be at least 18 years old, have a valid driver's license, have a residence visa in Dubai, and fill in the driver's license form with one passport size photograph, original passport and one photocopy, original driver's license and one photocopy, eye test report, and Dhs. 100. For none GCC license's, it is also required to obtain a letter from the Embassy or Consulate from which the driver's license was issued, confirming that the driver's license is valid. If the driver's license is not in English or Arabic, it is also required to have the license translated at the Consulate or Embassy.

Individuals with an Indian international drivers license will require to obtain a new license in order to drive a car.

for more info visit this web
http://www.idlicense.com/IDLNews/post/I … Dubai.aspx

Hi Cklaudia,

if ur visa is from Abu Dhabi , u need to go to Abu Dhabi traffic police department Muroor Road  ,there u need to follow these steps

Submit the application and the required documents at the customer services centres of the Drivers Licensing Department.
Undergo the eye test.
Pay the fees and receive the UAE driving licence from the customer services centres of the Drivers Licensing Department.

Documents required :
Copy of Emirates ID
NOC Letter from the employer    Original + Copy
Foreign driving licence to be replaced    Original + Copy
Arabic legal translation of the foreign driving licence    Original
Personal photo    1 photo
Fee : 200 AED

all the best

Always keep a copy of the documents in your hand, in AUH u need to pay 200 AED + NOC from current employer and Emirates ID for transferring the german licence here. If you are allready driving with your licence with out transferring be carefull, fines and judgement are unpredictable.

All the best

I think UAE driving license is now unified, so one could obtain it from any Emirate; however it is safer to do this in the Emirate where you live and have a visa thereof.  If you are visiting, no problem you can drive, but you want to live here as a resident, then better to get the license in the process as suggested by many above.

dear all,

thank you for all the informations!
yes..my visa is from Abu Dhabi and instead emirates id (which didn't showe it up yet) I have the Labour card, I suppose that I can do it with this, right?!
So, this mean that I'm not forced to wait to much, pay to much and neighter to take some courses!
Can someone tell me please what mean "NOC Letter from the employer" ... thank you!

I wish you a great time!

Cklaudia wrote:

dear all,

thank you for all the informations!
yes..my visa is from Abu Dhabi and instead emirates id (which didn't showe it up yet) I have the Labour card, I suppose that I can do it with this, right?!
So, this mean that I'm not forced to wait to much, pay to much and neighter to take some courses!
Can someone tell me please what mean "NOC Letter from the employer" ... thank you!

I wish you a great time!

A NOC ( Non Objection Certificate) can be for anything.
You will need an NOC from your company to obtain a driver' lisence, to open up a bank account or to sponsor your family.

A NOC (Non objecting letter) just means, that your sponsor does not have any objections that you i.e. obtain a driver's license, open a bank account, sponsor your family, or take up anew employment.

Hi cklaudia,

as per my knowledge u cant apply for UAE license without Emirates ID Card, so you wait for ur emirates ID card to be ready it doesnt take too much time , and if didnt apply then better u apply for that first , as far as
NOC is concern ur employer will ask you to get an NOC letter(for driving license ) in Arabic typed by any typing center . once u get it u will be required to give it to the concerned department in ur organization.

dont be in hurry once u get all this document ready it will take only one day to get license in ur case.do not hesitate to ask incase of further query

You can apply for your driving license transfer just using the ID receipt letter. You don't physically need the card itself.

I think I could help you with thaT ;-)

:)....thank you! I don't think so... as much as I need a letter from the company where I'm working in which they are agree with the changing ideea and plus I need some money, my old drive licence and in 30 minutes maximum I will have Uae one :) but anyway, I appreciate your help!!!

Aaaa...and I forgot...my new ID or labour card :)

Hello Soledad719 -> Could you please write in english on this English Speaking forum? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Rohit - you really are an expert on this subject..!

Hi Claudia,

I have a question, i also want to obtain a uae driving licence,
as i've seen in the documents required i also need an arabic translation of my driving licence, where did you translate yours? as i don't think there are manny romanian-> arabic translators.

Also adding to the documents below i think there is also an eye test right ?

Did you go through the procedures already?, have you obtained yours?

Doc required:
"
Copy of Emirates ID
NOC Letter from the employer    Original + Copy
Foreign driving licence to be replaced    Original + Copy
Arabic legal translation of the foreign driving licence    Original
Personal photo    1 photo
Fee : 200 AED"

as I know, yes you can.
but cant use in the case of residency visa

hey Cklaudia, I have the same problem. I am in abu dhabi with business visa but I was told that I can't drive with my european driving license ( I have valid american license too). I have to obtain a local one. Where exactly should I go and what documents do I need.

Hello,
yeah you can till u get ur residence visa.

Buna Claudia! Ce ai facut pana la urma? cum ai schimbat permisul? Multumesc! Ar fi ceva sa ne intilnim odata toti romanii intr-un ofline la un gratar cu mici:)) ce zici?

@ Pdvk Mihai --> Please note that you are on the english speaking forum, so could you please post your message in english. Thanks. Karen :)

following website has procedures how to convert European driver license into UAE license

wikiprocedure.com

look under "United Arab Emirates"

:)) my mistake dear:)

you can check this site from RTA

rta.ae/wpsv5/wps/portal/!ut/p/c5/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3gDA9Ngn7BgD09HA2cjn1AvX08XAwgAykfC5C28LVyA8mF-hkYmxjB5onRjB46EdAcnFumHg1xsFu_j7hrgb-BmZmjgFWRm4OljFOgYBCQtfIzR5Z2NXQw8XbyNfD2czA0MLKDy-HwAkcfpRj-P_NxU_YLc0IgKz8yAdEdFRQBuGRl4/dl3/d3/L0lHSkovd0RNQUprQUVnQSEhL1lCZncvZW4!/?locale.switch=true

it will help you

good luck