Oman Employment Visa Labour Clearance Delays

kgkgeotech wrote:

hi,
  i got my visa copy yesterday..  they told that they will issue original visa and airticket later.. Also they told i have to start by september 1st itself.. visa copy is enough to travel or not?

Scanned copy of your original employment visa is good enough for you to travel. On landing at the Muscat International Airport, you will have to go to the Visa counter produce your copy and exchange it for the original which would have to be submitted by your employer prior to your date of travel. With that you can get your passport stamped and exit the airport.

I, myself received my visa last july and my first problem is my gender in the visa is male instead of female. Will it be a problem travelling with that visa? My agency told that their third party agency in oman said that it is ok to travel with that. And my second question is what might be the causes of delay of ticket to be issued. We've been waiting for it for two months now. Thanks..

[moderated: off topic.]

Chelay wrote:

I, myself received my visa last july and my first problem is my gender in the visa is male instead of female. Will it be a problem travelling with that visa? My agency told that their third party agency in oman said that it is ok to travel with that. And my second question is what might be the causes of delay of ticket to be issued. We've been waiting for it for two months now. Thanks..

Hi Chelay,

Though a problem, the gender issue can be sorted out as it most likely is inadvertent.

Regarding tickets, there should be no issues at all. The cause for the delay can only be because your employer has not bought your tickets.

Your employment visa is valid for only 3 months from the date of issue. If you don't arrive in Muscat by the expiry date, your visa gets cancelled and your employer has to go through the entire process of applying for a fresh one.

Best wishes.

Almost three months but still waiting for our visa , any one can lead me is it normal?? My housband has been hired for manager position . Thanks in advance

Dear Phella,

Welcome to expatblog. Where in Buraimi have you applied? Is it in a school or in University?

A number of discussions have already been done on this topic since this is the reason most of us probably visit/ed this site for the first time. You are requested to look through the threads and can gather almost all information you need.

However, there are a quite a few steps the HR of the respective organisation has to carry out before the final issue of visa. Since it is an educational institution, first they will seek for a clearance from MoHE (Ministry of Higher Education) after submitting your attested documents. Similarly, they need to obtain a clearance from the labor department too. Only after these steps completed, the organization will request you to send your medical to process the visa. But, it all depends upon how fast your organisation processes your application and more importantly how quick they want you to take up your job. Please keep in touch with your HR and wait for their communication.

Regards

Dear Phella,

Welcome to expatblog. Where in Buraimi have you applied? Is it in a school or in University?

A number of discussions have already been done on this topic since this is the reason most of us probably visit/ed this site for the first time. You are requested to look through the threads and can gather almost all information you need.

However, there are a quite a few steps the HR of the respective organisation has to carry out before the final issue of visa. Since it is an educational institution, first they will seek for a clearance from MoHE (Ministry of Higher Education) after submitting your attested documents. Similarly, they need to obtain a clearance from the labor department too. Only after these steps completed, the organization will request you to send your medical to process the visa. But, it all depends upon how fast your organisation processes your application and more importantly how quick they want you to take up your job. Please keep in touch with your HR and wait for their communication.

Regards

Hi kgkgeotech,

Yes that visa copy is enough for you to fly. original visa will be submitted in Muscat airport which u will pick on arrival.

Is it ok to travel with visa copy written i am male instead of female? Will that be a problem upon arrival? Thanks.

thanks so much, i will be working at University of Buraimi.

hello there,i had an interview in 1 of a 5 star hotel there in muscat.they told me that they havent got the visa clearance.am i suppose to b having a offer later first or they can process the visa clearance even i still dont have the offer letter?

Hi everybody, I got visa copy two weeks back for employment at Oman, still am waiting for flight ticket, when I can expect it, at the time of interview they ask me you have to join in the first week of September!

Hi there , any body knows to witch department i have to call for our employment visa delay???its almost three months . We called to the company witch my husband hired , they are telling to us "you have to wait untill coming any news from imigration and we can nothing to do ,we have submitet all the documents for your position," do you think is it normal?exept the company to witch department we can call to let us know how much time we have to wait??any kindly if you know any drpartment number let me know ( the company submited the documents mid of may for (manager possition)until now waiting just! Thanks in advance

kgkgeotech wrote:
Hi everybody, I got visa copy two weeks back for employment at Oman, still am waiting for flight ticket, when I can expect it, at the time of interview they ask me you have to join in the first week of September!

Hi kgkgeotech,

i'm also waiting for my plane ticket for Oman and my Agency informed me also that it will be available in the 1st week of September.

Pls. be patient... Based from HCT/TATI websites, the Advising of students under their Colleges will start Sep 08,2013, Registration will be on Sep 12, and Classes will begin from Sep 15 -17 all over Oman.

Based on my experience as University Lecturer here in the Philippines, the number of students for each Colleges can be determined after registration, and that will be the time were the Dept Heads can assign the appointment of Lecturers/Technicians for each subject/course.

Therefore our employers are ensuring the manpower designation and location before issuance of travel tickets.

Hope that my opinion is right.

Regards.

Filbutz

Hello Filbutz, which university will you be working?  I am glad to hard another Filipino educator joining this forum.  Are you direct hired or through Phil Agency?

Phella wrote:
Hello Filbutz, which university will you be working?  I am glad to hard another Filipino educator joining this forum.  Are you direct hired or through Phil Agency?

Hi Phella,
I applied through POEA accredited agency and will be deployed to any HCT school in Oman.
Regards.

Hi Lyone I wanted to know how many times can we visit any gulf country and should there be any gap after your visit n next visit. I have visited oman n came back last month so should I wait for my next visit or can visit any time. Please reply as soon as possible.

Nothing any gap from our previous visit, needed only 1-2 days for the visa apply and get the visa otherwise no any specified period.

thanks dear @rajkumar

Hi Dear
Don't send original educational certificates.
I went to Oman many years ago, I have taken photocopy and attested from concerned authority in India (like HR, Oman Consulate and Ministry of External Affairs). When they see original in India, they attested on copy.  I sent attested copy to employer and  I worked.

Basheer MK

Hi guys I would like to know one more thing.. Is there any problem going on in Oman for the issue of job visa clearance from Oman embassy if yes then is there any alternative for getting visa please reply me. Regards rafe

Hi guys want to know how much time will it take for the processing of Oman visa please reply

hi
I got an offer to work in oman as a lecturer in a nursing school.  But my unfortunately I got reactive with Hbsag.  Can I still work?
thnaks

Hi sir ,
         I Just want to know ,what all the documents to be attested      , for getting work permit from the company in Oman..

ppk wrote:

Hi sir ,
         I Just want to know ,what all the documents to be attested      , for getting work permit from the company in Oman..

Hi ppk,

This is something that you do not have to worry about. It is the responsibility of your employer to let you know what all papers are required from you to apply for your employment visa.

Best of luck.

Hi sumitran was searching for some doubts about visa in Oman, saw your posts which are really helping lots of people. Thanks in advance.  I want to know in how many days we get the visa in Oman please kindly reply will be helpful alot. Regards Rafe.

Hi rafesyeda,

How do you possibly expect me to provide you with any useful information, when your query is so vague.

In any case let me give you some general answers about the time it may usually takes to get the visa issued after submitting all the relevant papers :

Tourist Visa - About a week's time

Family Joining Visa - About a week's time

Employment Visa - If the company has the labour clearance, then, about a week's time. If the company does not have the clearance and is trying to get one - it's anybody's guess.

For your information, there are 19 different types of Visas which are issued by the Royal Oman Police.

Check out the following websites for details :

Royal Oman Police's Visa Section; the Ministry of Information; Oman Airport Management Company.

Good luck.

Hi sumitrn sorry for making you reply but thanks alot coz u answered my question n doubt. My doubt was about job visa. Thanks alot once again.

[Moderated: Off topic.]

I work in UAE and I got a job in Muscat. I got my employment Visa in Muscat done along with the labour card after more than 2 months delay. During this period my employer in UAE let me stay without cancelling my Visa in UAE.
During this period of delay due to personal reasons I plan to continue with the employer in UAE.
I informed the The Employer at Muscat and they want me to pay the recruitment expenses and also present myself at the Muscat airport to cancel my Employment visa( labour card)
I do not mind to pay.
But I wish to know if I can cancel my Oman employment Visa at the oman embassy in UAE or at the Border at Hili Oman.
If any of you could help me find ansswer to query if would be great.
KBS

Hi KBSAI,

How can it be ever possible for you to get your Omani Resident Card (Labour Card) without even entering Oman ?!? Impossible.

You may have got your Employment Visa, but certainly not your Resident Card.

If you have not utilised your employment visa to enter Oman, then your sponsor can get that visa cancelled, without you being physically present here. But if you have entered the Sultanate, then yes, you have to cancel your employment visa and exit the country through the airport.

Hi ,

I Got a job In a Mashal Mohamed Al Shanfari Trading Est, for 2 years bond and i joined in job at salalah on December 19, 2012 for 425 rial / month. But after joining only i came to know that the company name was Binawad investment . And also they mentioned my salary will be 200 Rial per month until the company starts it works. But I worked there for a month . On February 4, 2013 my father got expired so i came back to India . Now due to my family situations i cant able to go back to Oman . I didn't get my salary there and also i have given my certificate to that company. Now they are not returning my certificate. How to handle this kindly help me. I need only certificate back .

Hello sridhar2k9,

Yours is not a strange or rare case. There are many like you who are sailing in the same unsteady boat, because of unscrupulous / unethical employers. That's why it is absolutely imperative that new employees do due diligence on the company that they intend to join.

In your case, your options are limited. Politely request your company to return your certificates. I doubt if you'll get your money out of them, even if you demand – as it is quite evident that your employer is not playing fair.

Hope and pray you get your certificates back. And try to forget this whole episode as a bad dream and move on in life.

Good luck.

Hi,

I came in Oman yesterday with visa copy. Actually visa copy is enough to travel. But before travel make sure your employer has submitted original visa at the airport visa counter. You can ask directly to your employer and they will provide you visa deposit slip. keep it with you, sometimes may be asked at the airport.

thanks

Hell Mr. Sumitran,

I wanted to know if you know about Juton Paints.How the company is and there market reputation ?.Also about Rusayl ,how that area is ?

I also wanted to about Oman police ,are they friendly or they are same like Saudi Police.

I'll appreciate if anyone can help out.

Thanks,
Jobin

jobinmathew20 wrote:

Hell Mr. Sumitran,

I wanted to know if you know about Juton Paints.How the company is and there market reputation ?.Also about Rusayl ,how that area is ?

I also wanted to about Oman police ,are they friendly or they are same like Saudi Police.

I'll appreciate if anyone can help out.

Thanks,
Jobin

Hi jobinmathew20,

Jotun is a leading paint manufacturing company, based out of Norway, but now with worldwide operations, including here in Oman. It is seen for what they are - a leading multinational. Jotun Oman is located inside the Rusayl Industrial Estate in the outskirts of Muscat. The area is pretty desolate, except for this industrial estate where there are numerous manufacturing and trading companies.

About the Royal Oman Police (ROP), I have nothing much to say, except that they are pretty efficient, polite and considerate. But most officers speak only Arabic. I don't know about the Saudi Police, so I cannot compare.

Best wishes.

Hello Mr Sumitran,

Thanks for you answer.

I'll appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Jobin

Hi
Do you know the website where list of recognized omani sponsors and their contact numbers svailable ?
If an indian has to start a business in oman he needs a local sponsor. Right ?
From where fo we get it ?
Regards

Hi  im
Khuram

Hi khuramabbas,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

How can we help you please ?

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team