Help with Serbian translation

I don't know if this is the correct forum but I'll post anyway:

What does this mean:
Svasta I sa tobom

Hi and welcome on board NLJeffrey!

I hope members of the forum will be able to help you ;)

Regards
Armand

It is probably "Свашта и са тобом" which is "And everything with you/Everything with you, also" or it could be Everything/Anything for you... but usually "for you" would be "za tebe/za vas" ... Maybe that'll help you out...

I've asked a Serbian friend of mine.. but I'm waiting to hear back from him so he can clarify.

Any luck with this? To be honest I have never heard the expression before! It might not mean anything out of the context it was said in...

It's hard to say without the rest of the text.  It does translate as "Everything with you" but depending on context it could mean a little differently... but still similarly.

"Svašta s tobom!", if said as an answer to some proposal or statement, it would mean that you are saying nonsense and that your proposal is refused. As if you said something foolish or indecent and someone is answering that you are out of your mind.

Hope it expains.

oh, I am late!
yes, it is corect translation by mitramix :)))))))

emanera ucenje jezika u inostranstvu

@majabgd - In english please on this Anglophone forum! :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

I would translate it as "What's wrong with you" (statement, rather than a question, lol)

Hello, sorry to hijack this thread, but I had a quick translation request also. A friend of mine from Turkey has a rifle with the following etched onto it, and he was wondering what it means. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it!

Here's the text: НЕША СЊИЛАНАЦ

For all I know, that is a name of a person, an individual, to whom that rifle might have belonged to in the past. It is a Serbian name  (first and last name, written in Serbian cyrillic.

Milos is right. In latin alphabet, it would be something like:

Nesa Snjilanac

(but the surname, second word, sounds strange so I am not sure if your spelling is correct)

Or, in serbian latin alphabet:

Neša Snjilanac

If it is an old rifle, like a musket, the surname would not be strange, it is an old Serbian family name, now no longer in use. So many names have been lost or changed (by force, by both Turks and Austrians).

Quite literraly it means(rouhly translated):everything with you....

You would be wrong

It should goas Neša Svilajnac

What does "Sole" mean? Read it recently, seems like goodbye. Googletranslate didnt help ..
Thanks!

Cpt Pari... keep in mind that we use extended version of Latin alphabet, which includes letters such are ŠšĐđŽžČčĆć...

So if you give us the whole sentence where "Sole" appears, it would be quite useful.

Thanks for the quick follow-up, flighter.
Unfortunately it was used as a stand-alone word at the end of an English written paragraph. That is why I believe it meant to say goodbye or similar.

"Sole" doesn't ring any bells for me (me being a native Serbian speaker). COuld it be a nickname like "Šole" (pronounced as "Shole")?

svasta sa   tobom   is  the  Phrase ,   could  mean   :what   is  whíth   you ,what   happan  ,

Dear members,

Thank you for your contribution :)

Just please note that this thread is a bit old 2011 :D

Maximilien

It shouldn't be,after all it is still Serbia,and if you want to live here learn our language...