Moving to algeria, need help please

Dear All

I need an urgent reply for the following questions as I am deciding moving to Algeria very soon ( Sep-Oct 2013).

1- I have 3 kids in German schools in Cairo (aged 16/15/10), I understand that there are no German schools in Alger, my questions is are there any International English schools in Algeria with such an international standards? as the elder is 2 years away from university.

2- I need a recommendation on the BEST place to live in in Algeria (cost is not an issue here), I understand that the autoroute and traffic is a nightmare (is it??), I will be working in Rouiba, but I was thinking to have a house/apartment that have a sea view and or close to cafes/restaurants area (Hydra, etc..) considering my work place and my preferences what do you recommend??

Welcome to Algeria!
I have lived in Oran for 8 years so I don't know Algiers that much.  But I know the best places there are Hydra, sidi yahia, sidi frej and they are the most expensive. About the traffic yeah it can be a night mare but you can manage by getting out of the house a bit earlier and stuff. For the international school I really can't answer your question. Private schools are becoming more and more common as they are relatively new to emerge. Hope you'll enjoy staying in Algeria and you'll find more accurate answers to your questions!

Hello,
you are right, in Algiers, there are too many beautiful places
you can enjoy your free time not only HIDRA, SIDI YAHYA, more places are there, food also no problem.
if you are interested with the international or private school you can find especially in the city center.
some places are very expensive Rather than other areas, you can enjoy all kind of food, shopping......

Hi yassermcv,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hi,

U should look for a house near Rouiba...if u work there and live in hydra u will suffer in traffic.

There is many houses or flats for rent everywhere in Algiers.
We have an international school,and one Saudian school like in Cairo..
Also we have an German cultural center.
Dont believe what you hear about Algiers...It is a nice country with 1200 Km sea front ... keep yourself away from the policy,do your job, you will like it ..
You are Welcom

Come on!

1200 km sea front yes may be...where are necessary infrastructures ?!

[Moderated: Post off topic.]

You have everythings everywhere
welcom

yassermcv wrote:

Dear All

I need an urgent reply for the following questions as I am deciding moving to Algeria very soon ( Sep-Oct 2013).

1- I have 3 kids in German schools in Cairo (aged 16/15/10), I understand that there are no German schools in Alger, my questions is are there any International English schools in Algeria with such an international standards? as the elder is 2 years away from university.

2- I need a recommendation on the BEST place to live in in Algeria (cost is not an issue here), I understand that the autoroute and traffic is a nightmare (is it??), I will be working in Rouiba, but I was thinking to have a house/apartment that have a sea view and or close to cafes/restaurants area (Hydra, etc..) considering my work place and my preferences what do you recommend??

Hello
first of all i'd like to welcome you to Algeria

i'll try to be helpful and informative as much as it is possible :)

1 / may i suggest you to take a look at this website
you may find some informations about schools in Algeria
algeria.alloexpat.com/international_schools_algeria_school_education.php

2 / Rouiba seems to be a good place to live  , i would recommend you to look for some trusted agency to help you for better place
things to remember :
international schools : may demand some papers so be aware of all these applications and papers process
the process may take a little bit longer because this how Algeria is
keep your kids away from other kids specially if you dont know their kids parents << just saying << you do not want to waste your kids upbringing  for nothing
do not trust that easily of people ; Algeria is  not heaven and people are  not all angles
always compare prices and ask ,do your research and try a couple of sources when it comes to anything,  i hate to see foreigns get scammed in Algeria ;)

do not hesitate to let me know if you need anything else

Best of Luck
Best Regards