Places to visit in Montpellier

Hi,

For the ones living in Montpellier, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Montpellier, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Montpellier?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

Hi Julie,

Montpellier is a great place to visit. I would suggest spending some time in the actual city itself and just enjoying the atmosphere of the centre of town, the boutiques, the restaurants.  It's not a 'museum' or 'sights' type of town so you can really just enjoy the buzz and listen to live music and sip on a glass of rose.

The beach is nearby but in my opinion there are much better things to do and places to swim!  Very close to Montpellier (by bus or by car) there's a beautiful little village called St Guilhem Le Desert which is wonderful to visit and there's also a river which is stunningly picturesque and nicer (IMO) for a swim than the beaches which get quite crowded.

There are wineries around Montpellier and every Friday you can try local wines from the region at Les Estivales in the centre of town.

It's a fab city, let me know if you'd like any more info

Anna x

Hi Anna,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

Thank you for posting and sharing information :top:

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team