Is the right salary to stay at Nairobi...?

Dear Friends,

Myself Siddharth from India.

Recentally I have got a offer from your country at Nairobi for Formulation R. & D. I have 6 years of exp. in research

Is it OK for a 6 years eperienced guy with this package & with spouse to live at Nairobi? I am post graduate M.Pharm.

Regards

Hi,

If you have not got an answer, it may be because you question is not clear. Can you please put the amounts in kes and not lacs or Rs as not everyone understands. Also give the salary per month not per annum, its easier to work out that way for some.

@non4me 1lac=100,000, 45lac=4.5 million(10lac = 1 million)

@siddarth
I dont know what kind of job you would be doing and 6Yrs experience from which company. But as i could say its a good offer, but if they offer you house, car and this package, that would be the best. coz you would be spending nearly 1lac or above ksh for house per month. To live with a spouse you would be spending some more for food, shopping, movies and weekend fun's right. So kindly ask them to provide house and car. Then that would be the best deal...

Thanks Buddy,

As you saw they included my monthly house rent in 376720 KES [I mentioned it as House Rent Allowance (HRA) 63000 KES PM] in part B.

it means 376720 KES - 63000 KES (Rent) = 313720 KES PM

But Yes, they are providing me car which is not included in offered salary but no house.

I'll suppose to negotiate tomorrow on the same, which point or points I need to take care of while negotiation.

Thank you in anticipation. :)

I saw you included HRA 63000, but for 63000 its difficult to get good, safe and decent house, as you stay with your spouse you need to have good house, that would cost little more. So i was suggesting you to ask them HOUSE+ This package... that would be good deal...

y dont u roind it of, lets say cash to be  part a.350,000 + b.130,000
second thing, you will get your local salary in cash ryt? What abt the specail bonus? Hww will you be givn, n NSFF NHIF i thnk thy are only for citizens are you a citizen.. And the money in part b howw wil thy gv u cash or?. Dont forgt to take it in cash, dont become a victim thy can bk off with wt they say so do have all this writtn n signed.. As evidence. Many ppl dont deliver wt thy say so tc. Y dont u take the 480,000 rounded off or 376720 u sud take the total rounded of and use it acordingly..

yeah so y dont you negotiate with them, let me tel you come here for a month see how it is, make sure they give you everything in writing, see how it works out how much you get how much you spend and save.. tell them to give you the figure in net ( total including tax cut and everything) the NET figure of your salary that you will get.. AND IN WRITING, confirm about the benefits i.e. if you only spend 100,000 will you get the 30,00 as per the benefits amount.

hi again,

As per responses above, get net salary.

depending on where you want to live accommodation for a 3 bed flat ranges from 75,000-150,000, unfurnished/furnished in areas like Kileleshwa, westlands and parklands. So your total rental monthly spend is 105,000 (rent, utilites, internet and maid) which is actually the average for one person. You will need to negotiate for net of 150,000-200,000 if you want you family with you.

Let them also clarify what is taxable and what is not. NSSf/NHIF should be for citizens, find out from Kenya Revenue Authority website, but given the short time you may not have the time.

I would aim for Kes 350,000 net salary inclusive of all benefits, special allowance etc....

3 bed Accommodation(F/F), utilities, fuel, internet, maid etc: 200,000
Savings 100,000
Food - 30,000
Extras: 20,000(emergency, entertainment)
Medical Insurance - paid for by the organization
Travel to India - paid for by the organization

Hi Sid, Offer Seems Ok, as at the end of the day you are saving 2200 USD in India. which wud be tax free. but take everythng in Black n white before you accept offer and regarding Tax, check my comment on your other Post.

Hey Sid

First of all, Its a very bad idea to post your complete salary details on a public forum. Anyways, I would suggest you delete the forum or your posts with salary details before anyone from your company notices it.
Secondly, to answer your question- "It appears me pretty weird as they mentioned that Spl allowance will be protected in INR (i.e. Rs. 110320 per month) what it means actually....?"

The Rupee-Kenya Shilling conversion keeps fluctuating. There was a time when 1 rupee was = 2.14 Kes and as of today it is 1 rupee = 1.56 Kes. Therefore, to safeguard your savings in INR, they say that your Spl allowance would be protected in INR which mean no matter what the conversion rate is, you would always get INR 110,320 every month as your special allowance, which I think is very good cos at the end of the day you have to put your savings back in your INR account (Unless you decide to take up the Kenyan citizenship and start investing here).
Hope this clarifies the ambiguity.

Cheers!

Dear friends,
            PLEASE suggest how much salary i have to require in kenya
            if i am moving from india to kenya.with My wife .
             My requirement is Rs 1.25lac saving mininmum.

What is the points i have to negotiate with employer at the time of interview.Please also suggest the fooding cost of single person in a month of bachelor person required.

1.25 lac. ?If I assume per month.

It could be possible for a bachelor if you r getting CTC around 80 lac to 90 lac. annually.
30% they deduct by default frm salary as well as even on general utilities unlike India, as tax.
Cost of living is pretty much high no doubt.