Health food for food allergies

We are moving to the DR in less than a month. My son has dairy, soy, and tree nut allergies. Are there grocery stores where I can buy things like RiceMilk, nondairy cheese, bread made without milk or soybean oil, etc . . . . I know coconuts are abundant, so coconut milk shouldn't be hard to find, right?  (He doesn't have a problem with coconuts for some reason.)

thanks.

Welcome to the forums. Your ability to find these items will depend what part of the country you are coming to.  They are much easier to find in Santo Domingo and Santiago!

we will arrive in santiago and be living in Rio San Juan. I guess I will stock up in Santiago. Any stores to recommend in Santiago?

thanks

PriceMart often has items you may want, the new Bravo, Nacional and we will need to ask someone who lives there for health food stores!

hello nglover, my name is sam Nucom, I read your problem about your son have you ever tried a food supplement that can help your son to control his allergy? how old is he? maybe I can help.

sam nucom

Your choice from Rio San Juan will be Santiago and I would add tot he stores that Planner mentioned La Sirena. Some of the malls and even the la Sirena's will also have a GNC (General Nutirtion Center store) in them.

You also have a la Sirena in Puerto Plata if you drive there for anything.  However you will not find anything that you are looking for other than maybe the rice milk in Rio San Juan.

Bob K

thanks, bob. will check those stores out!

You are welcome and good luck

Bob K