Hi

Living in the USA n wanting to move to Abidjan any takers out there tht would help n give advice to this man

Hi,

I'm from Europe and I've been in Ivory Coast for 7 months now, the city Abidjan is very big so you must take into consideration that you will  need a car. City is not made for walking..plus it's very poluted. Taking a taxi for expats is a rip off, very expensive.

Prices in the restaurants, supermarkets are very very high comparing to the local salaries and standard in the country.
Just for example in order to live normal life with good flat, good clean food, you will need minimum 3000 EUR per month from which 1000 eur is renting a flat. If you don't speak French it will be a problem since rarely anyone speaks English.

If you are an outdoor - sporty person you will be very dissapointed since the there are no parks nor animals, the only place where you can sport is a gym for expats where you pay 60 eur per month. Internet is very expensive as well, good connection is 50 eur per month. Most of the products in supermarket are imported from France so they are double price then in Europe.

The weather is very humid so count in that you will need air condition 24 hours. Hope this is helpful to paint a clear picture, let me know if I can help you with any other info.