Two days in Bahrain

Hello my Int. People,

My wife and I just arrived to Bahrain (48 hours ago). I have a few questions for yall. (1) Where can i buy a transformer to connect my appliance from the US here in Bahrain? (2) Are there any gyms for both sexes in or around West/East Riffa? (3) Are there any night markets that include small shops? (4) Are there places such as Filipino area, Indian area, China town, and so on?

peace,
Jose

Hello Jose. Welcome to Bahrain. Peace to you too.
Trust you and your wife will find Bahrain a nice and pleasant place to live.

Responses to your questions:

1) Not fully sure, but you could try some large electrical/electronic stores, such as, Sharaf DG or iMax (both have stores in all major malls). Also try at hypermarkets such as Geant, Carrefour, LuLu. Another place I would check is at "Manazil" and at "Danube BuildMart" (both specialize in stuff needed for the house and located at Salmabad and literally (conveniently) next to each other).

2) There is a nice country club and gym at the Royal Golf Club, Riffa Views. Excellent facilities for the family. There may be other gyms in the area too.

3) If you are going to live in Riffa, you could try the Riffa Souq, Bukawara Souq, the local market at Isa Town. You will be able to spend good time walking along these roads/souqs. Weather is a it bad now, but in a few weeks from now it will turn pleasant and these walks will be more bearable.

4) No specific areas for different ethnicities, though there are some parts of Manama where you will find more expats than Bahrainis.

Feel free to ask questions. The forum members will do our best to make your settling down process as smooth as possible.