Places to visit in Salalah

Hi,

For the ones living in Salalah, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Salalah, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Salalah?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

For more details i may provide u if reply . There are many option and sites to go and visit . Even if u require cheap reasonable rate for driving u around , i mean rent car plus deiver, i Can arrange that for u .
regards,
ali
p.s im citizen from salalah. But work in muscat i have cousin wrking for Long with tourist and take rhem all around even to desert for tourist camp at shesar North of thamrait.more dar but all gira there if not rainy season . Now its khareef. This depende on u .
thanks for asking.

Hello miadoon.

Please note that Julie forms part of the Expat.com Team. This topic is aimed at acquiring some feedbacks from the members of the Forum on this particular subject; Places to visit in Salalah.

Hence, if you have any experiences or suggestions, please feel free to share it with us.

Thanks

Karen :)

Now during Khareef, it is better to go in Mughsail to see
natural fountain. It is best time to visit springs, such as Ain Jarsis, Ain Razat, etc. and very green wadi Darbat and baobab trees in wadi Hinna near Mirbat. After Khareef (from October) it is better to go on beaches near Hilton, Crowne Plaza, after Mirbat and the best in Fizayah.
Enjoy

To add to the above post, there is also a bird sanctuary (Can't remember the name), Sumhurum Archaelogical Site, Al Baleed Sea Port, there are a few other places as well...... Also not to miss the fruits and tender coconuts of Salalah, they are delicious :)

Here is a link to the official site

tourismoman.com.au/pageview/36

I am planning to go to Salalah this Sunday ... any suggestions. I am staying there for 5 days how should i spent it ..

[Moderated: please send details via a pm]