Cost of renting furnished and unfurnished villas

My company is looking into setting up an office in Djibouti and I need some information on the cost of renting furnished and unfurnished villas (houses). Neighborhood must be upscale and secure.
Thanks,
Kevin

Hello Kevin.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

A new thread has been created from your message on the Djibouti Forum for effective networking.

Thanks.

Karen :)

Hi Kevin,

it has been tough finding a decent accommodation in Djibouti. From my experience so far and having been living in hotels here for a long time, it is very difficult to find an upmarket apartment or small house in a  nice area. There is an area called Haramous which is by far the most upmarket but there are only big houses costing any thing above $3000 per month. As my wife and kids have not made the move yet pending the establishment of an International English school, I don't need a big house. I recently found a decent apartment/hotel which is costing me $70 a day but as it is classified as a hotel but better as it has a small kitchen allowing me to prepare small bites etc when ever I need to. There are only two estate agents I have come across but they both don't have on line information on what is available etc meaning you have to always visit the homes in person to see.
Good luck and let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Dawit

Hi

Hi shanawazak and welcome to the forum.

You have posted on an old (2013) inactive thread.

I suggest you open a new thread and introduce yourself to the forum with a little information about your job, hobbies, where you live etc.