How to make friends in Benin

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals and other expats) when you're living in Benin :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Benin??

Thanks in advance for your participation

Benin people are open to friendship, there are lots of foreigners living and doing business in Benin.

The only challenge is that there are very few people who can speak English so, you need to know how to speak French.

I've lived in Benin for close to 2 years now and I like the place cos its not violent, the people are fun loving and there is electricity & water.

Cheers!

benin is boring if you live for a long time....

Yes it can be boring, but not if you know where to go and/or have other activities doing.

Henry.O wrote:

Yes it can be boring, but not if you know where to go and/or have other activities doing.

Thank you for this. Would you care to suggest any places to go, and any activities to do?

Hey, I'm new in town--what would you suggest as a way for me to meet people?

Thanks!

rudibelle
le bénin sera à vos yeux ennuyeux, si vous ni avez pas d'ami, et si vous ne savez pas comment vous y distraire. il n'y a pas assez de lieu de distraction ici. mais les sorties entre amis, les voyages à l'intérieur du pays les weekend et bien d'autre chose,vous permet de vous y plaire.

Hi,

You may like to visit La Casa del Papa (nice place), or some of the lovely beaches around. If you like to play golf then go to Benin Marina Hotel (note the court is not soooooooooooo wide, so try not to break windscreens/windows);)

There are a few pubs you can try ( e.g. Iris pub), Some nice eatries (try that of Tailand or maybe Chinese)

If you have kids you can take them to the amusement park ( now at Figrose beach).

If with all these its still boring, then call me ;)

I hope this helps......

Cheers

Henry

Voyager_2002 wrote:
Henry.O wrote:

Thank you for this. Would you care to suggest any places to go, and any activities to do?

Hi,I would be coming to Benin within the last weeks of September. probably around 28th of September. I would really love to meet someone who is fluent in French so that I can learn the language. I can also as well offer to teach the person English or a Ghanaian language. I'm an easy going person and loves to explore a lot. Thanks so much.

Hi Ceci Kay,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

You should maybe post an advert in the Language classes in Benin section please :)

Best wishes

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Good evening 
me I am Beninese, I am 40 years old. I work in the Ministry of the economy. 
If you come, you can join on my telephone number (+229) 95 84 66 66. But I don't have a room to shelter you. 
Do you want to lodge where? 
To the hotel? How you prepare your stay. 
Me I don't speak very English. 
I master French. If you want, one can write itself and speak in French. 
thank you

hi!
I'am Martial from Bénin!
I've read ur message and thonk it'd be an interesting experience to meet and exchange with you. I speack french fluently and need to improve my level in english. If you agree, let keep in touch untill you come here in Benin.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Martial!

HI  [Moderated: pls avoid posting your phone number on the Forum for safety reasons]
  MY  NAME IS   CHRISTIAN  I SPEAK  WELL  ENGLISH  AND FRENCH
I HOPE READ FROM YOU SOON
   BEST REGARDS

Hi Christian,

Can you please avoid using caps lock when posting on the forum please so as to ease the reading :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

hi thanks for the information
i  want to get to know you more  do you live now in my country  or you are outside  benin  country

[moderated: no free ad on the forum. Pls use the business directory + avoid copy/paste on the forum. Thanks.]