Places to visit in Montenegro

Hi,

For the ones living in Montenegro, what would you suggest to discover the country?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Montenegro, the tourist sites?

How to visit the country in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Montenegro?

Thank you in advance for participating. ;)

Julie

Famous destinations: Old town of Kotor, , Perast, Budva old town, manastir Ostrog, Tara rafting (one of the deepest canyon in the world), mountain Durmitor, Skadar lake (biggest in Eruope), at leeast 18 glacial lakes to visit, mountain Komovi...

Secret destinations:
1. fortress Goražde above the Kotor (google: "tvrdjava Goražde Kotor"). 2. right hand of st. John the Baptist in monastery in Cetinje. 3. Semi-island Luštica in Boka Kotorska, I buy often domestic olive oil, vine and cheese.

As I live now in the northern part of Montenegro, I can recommended some interesting places for visiting. Everyone goes on the coast during the summer, but in my opinion,much better choice is to go into the mountains. During the day you may swim in some lake or river, but you can sleep at night which is not possible on the coast. abljak is excellent to visit in the summer or a small town where I lived now,Berane. You can swim in Lim river and feel like you are somewhere in the Montenegrin coast. You may visit very interesting monasteries Šudikova, Đurđevi stupovi ( Pillars of St. George ),Kaludra, or may climb on the mountains Jelovica and Komovi.

What about Kolasin? Ist it worth visiting?

And can you give me advice for a good place in summer in the south, maybe Bar or Ulcinj for 2 days?

There are so many amazing places to visit in Montenegro!!
Even after living here 10 years I am still discovering new places, and have still many more to see... There is such an amazing variety of sceneries it seems endless...
I really recommend checking the site of the National Touristic Organization, it is well made https://montenegro.travel/en
And otherwise I agree with Besherat, about the North and Summer months: it is ideal to visit the "North" (everything except the coast) then, as there are so many tourists on the coast, and it is very hot... When at that time the temperatures are perfect in the mountains. And for the coast, March to June and Sept to October are great...
Enjoy !