Anyone care to meet up (2012-10-22) for fast-food or a drink

Would anybody be interested meeting up this weekend?  I finally have some downtime, and could use a little more English.

Options:
1. Thai-Food at the little fast-food place (Kungu Iela, near St. Peter's)?
2. Beer and a card-game at a pub (there are plenty of those)?
3. Dominoes at the Botanical garden (the weather is supposed to be nice, and the autumn leaves are all falling?

Critical mass is 4 people for a commitment?

J

Hey jaxxed. All those suggestions sound great, thanks for taking the initiative. I have a lot of time week commencing 12th November (any day except the friday). Perhaps you would like to repeat the invitation in a few weeks,

I would add

4. Happy hour, 2 for 1 mojitos, some early evening at Cuba Bar, old town.
5. Pizza @ cilli pica, either bistro beside Laima Clock or the one other side of freedom monument.

Scott

I actually got an email from the expat-blog people, gently motivating me to try again.  I feel so supported   :P

Scott,  I am a bit busy to handle something right now, but I'll come back next week, and try again.  I think that the casual meal or drink idea is good.

Maybe we should watch a Riga-Dynamo hockey game at a pub.  It might be fun to get into the local sports team.

hello jaxxed,

Good job ;)!

I hope some more people will be motivated.

See you around,
Melissa

Salut,
Si tu t'ennuis on se boira un verre quand tu veux :)
Je suis intéressé par le Canada, tu me donneras des conseils :)
Tu parles français?

Oui he parole franca is, et oui ca m'interese.

I think that English is required on this forum.

I will try for a new rendezvous again, but I am busy overt the next few weeks, so Septemberis more likely.

Well, ok for September. have a nice day :)

Just subscribed to this topic so I can keep track. :)

hey, I'm still here. Let's have a meetup this year :D

This weekend is the Rīga festival.

It's yet another cultural festival here, where they shut down the streets, and have concerts and food everywhere.  There is even an airshow, with a stunt competition.

http://www.riga.com/riga-festival

I'll have some family in town, arriving on Saturday, and will be spending some time at the festival, but I'm not sure what guarantees I can make to meet up.

Scott: My family will be my brother, with his two kids (aged 4,7)

Grafs: I'll give you a ring when I can

I just read my french message above and realized how bad my typing is.  I really gotta check my posts before I submit them

:P

Festival? Gooood!! :)

Hi Jaxxed,

I had my sister over visiting for a week so haven't been reading the board until now. Will do my best to catch you next time :)

Scott