Cayman Islands jobs

Sir/Madam,
Caymans seems to be a job destination with very high competition.I have replies seeming to indicate of the need to have a masters degree and a professional qualification.

Can someone tell me if this is the actual situation on the ground?I have a bachelors degree in mathematics and Statistics and also ACCA accounting qualification.I have eleven years banking experience.

I seek to get the true picture of the job market in that island.Hope someone has the "actuals"

RGDS

Yes there is heavy competition for jobs in Cayman. If you're in Nairobi, you would have difficulty competing with applicants who are available for interviews in London and other major banking centres.

Thanks Gordon for confirming my feelings.Since you understand this quite well,could you be willing to assist me in hints on how to go about this competition?Am on skype the very same way London applicants are only that I come from a third world country.Infact I have stopped thinking about "big" jobs and can take whatever that is available.

Bob. As you will no doubt have discovered from my blog, I am an old man, long retired, and not at all au courant with job-search methods in Cayman or anywhere else.

Yes, you could apply for jobs that are advertised in the FT and elsewhere, and could certainly interview by Skype. But you might have to be prepared to fly to London (or wherever) for a personal meeting on those occasions when you make the shortlist. That's for professional-accountancy jobs. For work with local commercial companies, that wouldn't be the case of course. All you can do is keep trying, and have patience. Good luck.