Recommendations for a good real estate agent (Guatemala City)

Hello everyone:

I am an American trying to retire in Guatemala and am looking for an apartment to rent.  I would like to find an apartment in a good neighborhood in the city for a good price and do not know where to begin when it comes to finding a real estate agent I can trust.  I thought it might be possible to use the website inmobilaria, but I think I would prefer working with someone personally since I will not be able to visit the apartment before I move.  If any of you have had good experiences with real estate agents, could you please provide their contact information?

Thank you!

Hola a todos:

Soy una Americana que esta buscando un departamento en la cuidad de Guatemala donde me puedo retirar.  Me gustaría encontrar un agente inmobilario, con quien tengo confianza, que me podría guiar para encontrar un departamento en un buen barrio a buen precio.  Pensé que pude usar el sitio web: inmobilaria, pero, como no voy a poder visitar el departamento antes de mi mudanza, creo que sería mejor encontrar a alguien con quien puedo trabajar personalmente.  Si alguno de ustedes a tenido una buena experiencia con un agente, por favor me podría dar su contacto?

¡Gracias!

Try Mondinion International Real Estate. I haven't used them but I have found a few possibilities and the properties also list the names of the realtors. As always this is just a suggestion.
Happy Hunting.
Cordially ,
Amy Toledo

Hi Would recommend you to check the mulilisting of the Guatemalan chambers of realtors.. of which I' m a board member.. I don't work Guatemala city but you will find through our directories
several members that can I help you.. if you need further assistance you can send me a private email... www.ccbrguatemala.org..

I see that you have a few suggestions already from others here but I thought I would add to it if you haven't found help yet. I am an expat from Manassas, Va and I have been here for five years now. My wife (Guatemalan) is an independent real estate agent here in Guatemala city and is very familiar with the area and has been in the business for a long time. If you would like our help, she says that she would need a bit more information from you in order to get started. The easiest way I think that could be done is if you called us on our Magic Jack phone which is connected to my computer here in Guatemala. It has a Va. area code so there would be no charge for you to call from DC and no charges when I call the states. 703-334-7125
If no one is here to answer, I would ask that you leave me a message and one of us will call you back. I don't go to the Expat site but about once a month, so it is best that you don't answer me here at this site and if you would prefer to email my wife, here is her personal email: [email protected]
Barry and Higia