Living in Galati

Hey,
I've been living in Galati for about 2 months now and it's pretty difficult to come across other English speakers... Anyone have advice?
I am also in Bucharest and Constanta on a regular basis.
Thanks
Marianne

Marianne,

Not sure of any English speakers in Galati. However its the opposite in bucharet - it is filled with all sorts of expats. There are a few expat meetups scheduled for this coming Wednesday (Nov 18)  and one for Friday (Nov 20th). If you need details of those, send me a PM.

Cheers.

hi Marianne
I am in Buzau and its the same for me - 0 english speakers and almost no expats of any variety. however, if you're interested in meeting up, I'm a lot closer than Bucharest and it looks like (according to your profile) we're the same age
happy birthday for tomorrow by the way

Dear Marianne,

I'm "made in Galati" :)

I know it's not easy to be an "expat in Galati", it's a kind of adventure to stay alive in a different community, different culture, different mentalities, different people, other life style... other language.

But, if you need some help there, please just let me know. maybe I can help.

Regards, Mihaela
E-mail: [email protected]

Hi.  I am going to be in Galati for a few days in February -- and I really need a translator for a few meetings on Friday, February 5.  I will be staying at the Vega.  Can anyone help?

Hi, I am from Pakistan and staying in Galati since 2002. If you come next time to Galati and you need a Good translater of Romanian language and fluent english speaker please contact me. I also import goods from UK in competitive prices and distribute them to my exclusive clients.
My Number: 0748192911 (Fuad)

Hi, as your message was posted some time ago I am not sure you will be still in Galati, but if you are it would be good to meet. Alternatively if you have left yet still know other English speakers please let me know.

Hi bluebell01,

Please note that this topic is from a year old, I suggest you to create a new topic on the Galati forum, this might help.

Thank you,

David.

Hello there-

Please help me understand if you are just seeking someone to share conversation with, or is there another need? I know a bilingual person (English/Romanian) in Galati, who knows the area extremely well.  She is my fiancée and she might be able to help.  Was there something more specific you wanted than conversation, or did you just want to 'hear' English again??

Michael