Help

I am in need of help. Does anyone in Reunion island know where i can get a national isurance number from? Also where i can do french lesson in st denis?

Thank you

Louise

You need to go to Caisse Generale de la Securite Sociale (CGSS). I don't where it is in Saint-Denis, I did mine in Saint-Pierre, which is where I'm based. I could not have gotten mine without the help of my wife, she's from Reunion and it took us at least 5 visits and you have to provide lots of paperwork. It took me about 2 months to get mine. It may be a different story in Saint-Denis.
Good luck
Richard

In St Denis the address of the CGSS is 4 Boulevard Doret.
As far as I'm aware you will need to have worked (in France/Reunion) to get a Securité sociale number (I presume that's what you mean by a "national isurance number"), but I might be wrong.

For language lessons try http://www.ilang.fr or if you want to do it the cheap way post an ad at the university or somewhere to swap an hour of English conversation for an hour of French lessons

I didn't need to have worked in France/Reunion to get my number. I don't know perhaps it helped that I am married to a French person!

Thank you for your help i will go down and see what happens. I thought it was the same as england you need a number in order to work.

You need a number to legally work here. The majority of companies won't employ you unless you have your number. Some companies will help you get it as well! I varies a lot! I just know it was hard going to get mine. Go and see them and they should be able to help you and tell you what they need from you.