From the emerald island to the Moroccan coastline (maybe)...

Hi everyone,
Moving from Ireland to Marrakech/Essaouira, i'm researching options.
A creative(I write songs and poetry, am a community dance and visual arts facilitator, bodypainter, photographer, paint murals, interior designer, percussionist, dancer and events organisor), I hope you can offer some positive feedback.
  I'd like to develop musically in Morocco, improve my mehndi skills, train as a yoga teacher and herbalist over the next few years.
  Just to live there in the climate and immerse in the melting pot of culture will be soul food.  And I mean live there like a local-working, learning and creating, not as a tourist.
  Do any of you know of a place where I can volunteer in exchange for food and a room? 
Or do you know of anyone who may need my skills?  I can also offer cooking, cleaning, english classes and writing, gardening, animal care.
I also give treatments-aromatherapy and foot massage, with a sprinkling of shiatsu. 
There is no work here in Ireland and probably i'll arrive quite skint.  For this reason, and to get to know the place with a feeling of security, a person or group to stay with initially would be ideal.

Any jobs,exchange programmes or trustworthy people/groups you can tell me about would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

K.

Hi and welcome to Expat.com Kreative!

I hope the other members will be able to advise you soon.

Regards
Armand

hiya :)

1st of all i would like to welcome you in your futur arrival in this superb country, however from reading your profile i see that you a are a talented person and have so many skills and abilities therefore in my opinion it should be very easy for you to make it out here.
i would love to assist you or give you as much help needed of course if i can and within my possibilities.
anyways i would like to great you again and wish you all the best of luck
take good care and hopefully we can stay in touch

Hi Kreative,

Try to post this on Expats in Marrakech group for Anglophones or Expat Marrakech for francophones (if you speak french) on Facebook, Lot of people would be glad to help.

Best of luck

Mona

Thanks Mona

Everyone is being very helpful, thanks :)

Hi,