Another South African in the Kingdom of Bahrain

Hi all,

I'm Norbert.

Myself and my wife + 4 year old daughter cam to Bahrain last year in August. It was a really quick decision as we only really knew of the opportunity in April. So as you can appreciate we needed to accept, resign, move our house about and make 1001 decisions.

Such Fun!

But ultimately a very worthwhile adventure has begun.
My wife - Olivia - works at a school in Hamala and is enjoying it, its hard work and she is knackered a lot, but she is enjoying it.

We are originally from South Africa and lived in the UK for the last 10 years. So this is another notch in our travelling belt.

I am still searching for the right opportunity here, had a few positive interviews but the market is tough for everyone.

I am a Cost Accountant / Controller and have added experience in Payroll Management + Purchase Management. Over 18 years of work experience. I can speak English, German and Afrikaans.

If anyone would like to get in touch to get my CV or more detail please send me an email to:

norbertjroth[at]gmail.com

Thanks so much and have a good one all.

Norbert

Hi Norbert and welcome to the forum and the island,

The SA community is rather big here so you shouldn't find it hard to find some acquaintances.
For the job, like you said, opportunities are quite rare stuff at the moment. Anyway, head up high a very good luck for your hunt !

Cheers

Olivier

Hi Norbert

As Olivier said the SA community is quite big here so you may find good contacts there.  The key here is to network,network, network but at the same time dont be too pushy (people get fed up with that!!) - are you on linkedin - that seems to be a good place.  Keep your options open - Saudi may be the way forward.

In the meantime, enjoy Bahrain and your daughter - its time you will never get back and the perfect opportunity to make the most of it!

Hi

There are a lot of job websites here in Bahrain and a job link on this forum aswell. Just search jobs in Bahrain and all the links will come up. Wish you luck

We have a opening for Payroll officer in our corporate office , if you are interested then PM me  , i will pass you contact details.

Hi,

That sounds interesting, could you tell me more about the position and which corporate office it is for?

Any idea on salary range and working hours etc.

Thanks,
Norbert

NorbertRoth wrote:

Hi,

That sounds interesting, could you tell me more about the position and which corporate office it is for?

Thanks,
Norbert

He said to private message him Norbert

NorbertRoth wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,
Norbert

Replied you.

Big South African community. Tell me more :):)

Lindochka wrote:

Big South African community. Tell me more :):)

What do you want to know??? :)  They are everywhere - especially the Rugby Club!