Airfare for langkawi

I am trying to book my tickets from Kualalumpur to langkawi and found out that total airfare for two adults and three kids comes out around 750 MR. It is the lowest that is shown in the malaysian airline schedule. Is this fare correct, do I need to have travel insurance or that is included in the fare. Can someone please explain whether being a visitor from saudi...can i book directly from online malaysian airlines site, and purchase the tickets !! Thanks

Hsni,

The airfare would vary depends on the travel dates (i.e. weekends, peak holidays or shorter bookings). In my view, RM750 is descent airfare for 2 adults and 3 kids to Langkawi. However you may try Malaysian budget airlines i.e. Airasia or Fire fly whether you can get a better rates - you can buy online. Have fun!

Thanks rasai, how bat if I come to Malaysia and do booking from there for the airlines you mentioned. But I fear that due to rush season, I may sometimes not find the seats on the dates that I have already booked the hotels against. I shal be arriving Kualalumpur on 18 and intend to go langkawi on 25 th. pls suggest, should I make it now or from there after arriving. Thanks

you're most welcome. I would suggest you to book well in advance since you're travelling with your family. As i mentioned, the more closer to your departure date then higher fare you pay.

Alternatively you may consider a ground trip to Langkawi, quite exciting and tiring journey though but you would be able to see beautiful sceneries during the journey. It will take about 6 to 7 hours to reach Alostar jetty, from there 2 hours ferry ride. Perhaps next time:-)

Cheers!

Also its not necessary to arrived Malaysia first then book tickets. You can even book online now. Try whether got any descent promotional fare on the travel dates as mentioned.

Cheers!