I am planning to relocate to KL

I am planning to relocate to KL. My son has to get into reception. He has been brought up in UK right from his birth. I am looking at 2 schools
1. ELC International school
2. British International school

Obviously, ELC is preferred over british due to price. I am worried, about the education style between these schools as I know little about the schools. I dont mind paying British International shcools if someone can comment on the difference in quality between these two schools.

I am going through a lot of stress in deciding which one is better. If someone can guide, it would be great.

Note: Though my company offers the allowance for the school, there is a limit and hence I initially chose ELC is good assuming that my son will like it and the quality of education will be good. If quality is drastically different between these two schools, I would prefer BIS.
Can some one please and guide?

Hi gshriram,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for posting your message here.

For more visibility, i have created a new topic on the Kuala Lumpur forum.

I am sure other members will give you info soon.

Thank you,
All the best,
Christine
Expat.com team

hi gshriram, there is a huge difference between both schools. bis is definitely a much better school than elc in terms of teachers and facilities. obviously not everyone can afford it.

there r plenty of other international schools teaching the british curriculum like garden international, nexus intl, desa park city school. u have options.

Hi carlyle1979
Thank you for the response. I did speak to BIS. The admissions are currently full. They still ask for the application fee to put my son in a waiting list. I am a bit nervous to accept it.

I understand there are other options but I am not able to narrow down on one of these schools as there are huge variation in prices.

It is a bit puzzling as the British curriculum schools are at 2 ranges (high, low). There is nothing that gives the flexibility but still considered as a good school. Any advice, thoughts are welcome

my view is forget bis. u cannot wait forever. my view is visit these schools yourself and go with your instinct. btw im not saying its easy to get your kid into these schools as they may have waiting lists too.

This resource may give you some ideas and there are links to individual websites.  Location of school in relation to your intended housing area/work location is very important.  Road traffic is quite tough and public transport is rarely convenient for the schools (if there is any). He may be a bit young to use the school bus - I have horrible memories of doing so from my childhood.

kualalumpur.angloinfo.com/af/250/kuala-lumpur-schools-and-international-schooling.html