Moving to Sihui near Guangzhou

Hi there,

I am from Germany and will be moving to Sihui (near Guangzhou)at November for about one year.

To be honest I am a bit stressed out, cause the company just caught me a bit off guard with this offer. I got no experience with China at all (although lots of travelling experience around SE Asia I never made it to China.... until now, I guess) and I fear, that there are not really that many English-speaking people in Sihui itself.

I estimate it to be something between one and two hours from Sihui to Guangzhou, so maybe it will be an option to spend the weekends in a more international environment.
Anyhow - I really would appreciate some friendly advice on preparations or my first days in China.

Thanks in advance for any help.

...Martin

It might difficult to find anybody that speak English or other language is that area, as u said spend weekend is Guangzhou will be better for main time.

Hello Martin.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Thanks.

Karen :)

Hi Martin, welcome to Guangzhou, China.  Once you're here, call out for assistance and friendly foreign faces here in Guangzhou will be glad to assist you in your transition from Germany to China.

Plenty of friendly locals will be glad to help you too.