Places to visit in Frankfurt

Hi,

For the ones living in Frankfurt, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Frankfurt, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Frankfurt?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

Hey, how are you doing?

When i have friends or family visiting me,  Heidelberg is the first option, for me it's one of the most beautiful towns in germany and it's only 2 hours-drive. another place very beautiful is koblenz very close too, and you can get there by cruiser and stop in many little towns on the way. the landscape there it's breathtaking(there're a lot castles) and if you like wine it's one of the best areas also you can continue traveling by cruiser to cologne another amazing city with unique landscape. A probably not well-know place is Tier (the oldest town in germany) 2 hours from frankfurt and near Luxemburg. And the classic Rothenburg ob der Tauber in bavaria is not so close but it worths the trip to get there trust me!

well that is my top 3 places   

other places: Mainz, wisbaden and kassel are very nice and close cities.

Get fun!

Leo.

There are lots of places IN Frankfurt you can visit, too.

My top tip would be to do the walking tour. It's only 10 euros and lasts about 3 or 4 hours. It has been the best thing I've done in Frankfurt so far.

Other great things to do are:
Visiting the indoor market and filling up on sample food
Going up the Main Tower (5 euros)
The view from the cafe at the top of Galeria
The zoo (my favourite!!)
Dom Romer is nice but it's better with the walking tour.

You could have a look at Frankfurt blogs as well to see what's going on in the area.

Würzburg is also lovely and one hour away. There is a nice baroque palace and a castle, plus tons of vineyards.