What are in demand jobs in Salalah?

Hi there! Salamalaikum! I just arrived here in Salalah and am currently employed here. I am planning to get my husband from the Philippines once I am already settled. What I worry is, his line of work is not in demand here in Oman, particularly in Salalah. I want him to take a technical/vocational course while he is still in the Philippines which he can use to find a job when he gets here. Do you have any idea what he should take? What are the jobs that are highly available and in demand here in Salalah? Thanks in advance for your inputs.

The job market in Oman is considerably smaller than most other GCC nations, People assosciate Salalah with Tourism and Plantations, so guess that would be the job in demand if any. Most job opportunities are found in and around Muscat. I would suggest looking for a job in Muscat as it would be easier to find than Salalah. What is your line of work??

I am a staff nurse in one of the hospitals here in Salalah. My husband also works in a hospital in the Philippines but he is not a nurse nor a medical professional. What do you think will be the best and easiest way to get a job in the tourism industry?

Tourism Industry is a vast area, it covers stuff like hospitality sector, tour companies etc. The easiest bet would be to run a google search for Salalah Jobs. Moreover, what is the educational qualification of your husband ??

The ministry of Manpower in Oman will require attested educational certificates for certain grades.

salalahport.com/careers.aspx

Technical jobs like, driver, AC mechanic, car mechanic,plumber, salesman , hair dresser, teacher,  building construction worker, civil engineer is likely..