Java Heat, the Movie

Has anyone else but me seen this film, and if so, what did you think of it?

While supposedly set in Jakarta it was actually filmed in Yogyakarta, and if you know Yogy pretty well it's great seeing a lot of familiar places, especially the end which was filmed at night at Borobodur on Buddha's birthday, Waisak.

Well worth the 10,000 IDR for a CD copy IMHO.

Or, to put it another way, Atiqah Hasiholan is sure easy on the eyes! ;)

I lived in that area for a long time so I know a lot of places in the film.
The road into Wonosobo was spotted in a microsecond.

Hang on - 10 for a DVD?
We pay 7, sometimes 6.

Harga Ubud, Fred.

Yes. Wonosobo is about the same.
City life has some advantages.

So Fred, can it be that only you and I have seen this movie?

Would you recommend it, as I do?

Ubudian wrote:

So Fred, can it be that only you and I have seen this movie?

Would you recommend it, as I do?

Yes.
My wife and I watched it together and we both enjoyed it.
We even shared a small bar of chocolate and drank iced water while we were watching it, slumped on bean bags in front of the TV.

Hii guys..
I watched it at theater..never paid for 10 or 7 for DVD its a crime I guess..what do you think?..

"I watched it at theater..never paid for 10 or 7 for DVD its a crime I guess..what do you think?.."

So, what did you pay to see it in the theater, and isn't it more interesting to discuss the movie itself more that where, how or what you paid to see it?

Watched it and it was entertaining to see Rourke playing his part. Definitely a good movie for a change , as in better than watching typical American  chick flicks. Lol.

Ubudian wrote:

"I watched it at theater..never paid for 10 or 7 for DVD its a crime I guess..what do you think?.."

So, what did you pay to see it in the theater, and isn't it more interesting to discuss the movie itself more that where, how or what you paid to see it?

Hahaha.. Yes sure.. I know the movie is interesting.. Coz it tells about religious, political, and culture havoc which often happen in this country nowadays.. I hope we could be learn a lesson from this movie to stop arguing and judging.. But the most of all I love Mickey Rourke and Tio Pakusadewo :)