Young Traveler

Hey all.

I came to this website as it seems like there is a wealth of information and lost of helpful people.

I plan on traveling as soon as possible as I am getting extremely tired of Canadian winters. To me, winter is death and is very depressing. I dont get out enough and lack of sun shine is negative for me. I am not looking to be a permenant expat at this point, I am looking to escape winter for multiple months (anywhere between 1-6 months) per year.

I have and am considering many places. It started with my interest in Africa and its amazing wildlife and expanded. Malaysia is currently a place I am looking at due to its popularity, cost of living and climate. It will take me a little while to figure out where to go, how much it will cost ect, but I will get there with the help of this forum.

Cheers!
Jessie

hi lazedout, why did you consider Philippines its more fun in the Philippines, nice people with very good hospitality and cheap place to stay. for more information just let me know.

sam

Hey Sam!

I have not even considered it! The Philippines is very beautiful. When I read about expat locations mainly Thailand, Malaysia, Panama, and Ecuador come up. Could you tell me a little more?

What locations would you recommend? I am not sure yet if I want to live in city or on beach. Maybe a location that combines both would be ideal! Living on beach near nightlife. 

I hope to find as much information as possible about many places and hopefully visit them all in time.

What about India? I guess you will love with this country when you can choose any kind of climate for your taste with art, culture and tradition.

hi Jesie,

just in case you decided to go to Philippines to scape winter time in Canada I can help you in many ways. I am from Mindoro island of Luzon next to Mindoro is boracay island its about 4 hours or less to reach boracay from Mindoro, puerto gallera is another option to visit its in northern part of our island. You can stay in our rest house fronting the sea for free should you decide to go to Mindoro just pay the electric bills that's all.

Once you make a final decision lets talk again, since I am here in Dubai right now my parents and brother will taking care of you ther in Mindoro Philippines.

sam

Thank you very much for the offer Sam! I greatly appreciate it.

I've done more research about PH. I see that Palwan is very popular, Boracay as you mentioned, El Nido ect.

My main concern is an internet connection and some kind of night life.

I may have to take you up on your offer if I head to the Philippines. I've still got lots of reading to do.
Thanks!

sachingoel85 I also want to travel to India but can only consider so many countries at once. I definitely want to see India and Nepal area for the wildlife it offers. I would also love to see the lions of the Gir Forest.

Hi Jessie,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Your post is now on the Malaysia forum.

Please feel free to ask your questions about living in Malaysia here.

Thank you,
All the best,
Christine
Expat.com team

Also please add Sri Lanka into your consideration list. i would suggest ask uncle GOOGLE about natural wildlife created by the beautiful nature. Cheers!