No Iqama - How to get salary - Please help to answer my question

Dear all,

Its been 1 month since the submission of my Iqama but I do not get my Iqama yet. The biggest problem is I need this month salary so that I can take apartment or room and all they are asking for 3 to 6 months of advance payment. Is there anyway the company can pay me this month salary as I dont have the Iqama yet and my passport with them for Iqama processing. Please help....company said need Iqama then only can transfer salary...is there any other way?? I dont have that much money for survival now.

Many thanks all.

You can in-cash any cheque by showing your passport as an ID.

Hi the problem is passport not with me now as its with the Gov for Iqama processing whish has been a month :((

you have to ask him to handover the passport. sometimes Expired Passport could be accepted . if the bank teller not concentrated on the date.

Endorse the cheque to another person could be a solution, but it would be better to ask your employer to issue a cheque with a name of one of your friends or relative " of-course he has a valid ikamma on hand ".

Tried that but it seems its not the policy to release cheque in someone else name. Anyway, they ask me to come back to discuss about it after the salary day 26th of this month and they cant entertain me right now as busy with the payroll closing.

Never been treated so badly by anyone in my life before. Seems like I dont exist!! sad

OMG...it's that true bro? if we still dont have iqama in our hand the salary transaction cannot be done?
OMG..i will migration to jubail end of august from malaysia..so need to prepared for this matters

No worries. Company can still endorse a draft cheque under your company ID. You can cash it. Not to worry. Thx