Advise on a planned trip to Capetown

Hi

Hi everyone

I am a kenyan living in the UK. i AM headed to Capetown for a 1 week-course at UCT. The course is sponsored but i want to extend by 1 week on holiday during which my wife will join me form Kenya.

I need advice/recommendations on the following

1. best way to get from jo'burg airport to capetown and pros and cons of each- these are needed for my wife who arrives a week after me.

2. Security-wise are there places or means of transport she should avoid while finding her way from jozi to capetown?

3. Cost of budget accommodation ie guesthouse or downtown places for 5 nights in Capetown  We are very easygoing and on a student budget

4. do we have to show hotel reservations at the time of applying for visas

5. How much money per day do teh embassy guys deem sufficient to take care of ourseleves for one week? do tehy have a minimum we have to show?

Please also send me any more info you may deem relevant to planning the trip

thank you

Hi Pariah,

If you have not yet finalized your arrangements or found answers to your questions feel free to email me directly. I will be happy to give you the name and contact of a Kenyan who lived in the UK but is now living here. He was very helpful to me when I moved here.

He owns a guesthouse and does airport transfers. I am sure he will have all the answers to your questions.

Wishing you a great experience in SA.

Kind regards,

N

Hi Nairesiae,

Thank you for your contribution. Just as you know, feel free to share useful information here on the forum as it might be helpful for the other members facing the same situation or else :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

your wife can travel by air or by train also.by air is safest method.from airport she can take taxi to any place you have decided.i feel you should check some travel forums like tripadvisor to get info about BB 9with rates)& resturants,tourist attractions & so on.

yes,confirmen hotel reservation & return ticket is required when applying for visa.i think even  yellow fever vaccination card is required.