Best Time to Visit Kyoto?

Hey there :)
Me and my sister are planning to go back to Japan but this time will be in Kyoto/Osaka (We previously stayed some time in Yokohama). When do you think is the best time to visit? Does it snow there on January-February?

Also anyone knows where we can have the geisha experience with picture and maybe give us idea of the cost?

Your replies with be very much appreciated.
Thanks! :top:

Hello,

Sorry that no-one answered, this forum is pretty dead as I've come to find out!

It does snow here occasionally in Jan/Feb, but usually nothing heavy. It's pretty cold here during the winter,  around 5 degrees Celsius average.

There are lots of places in Kyoto where you can have a 'geisha experience' if you like.
If you're just looking for an hour with a geisha and some photos, then it'll be around 15000 yen. It really depends on what exactly you would like though.
A proper show with a geisha will be ten times that.
Hope that helps!

Kyoto is particularly beautiful in the spring with the blooming of the sakura and during autumn when the momiji are at their most beautiful. Nature + the temples provide a breathtaking backdrop for a group of maiko walking along the street :)

Hi severussnape,

Thank you for your contribution :D

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

I want to go to Kyoto too..I think the best time to visit the city is now..late summer and early autumn.

I'm thinking of visiting this October. Do you guys have any suggestions or places where I can visit? It'll be my first time traveling in Japan.

Thank you very much.