Teaching in Riyadh - questions on Iqama, Family Visa and timeline

Hello all;

I am new to joining the forum but have been doing a lot of research.  So any help you can offer me with my questions below would be greatly appreciated!!!

1) I know it's probably variable for everyone but if anyone could tell me their experience in how long it takes from the date of signing the contract to actually getting the visa and your ticket? - Background, I have been offered a job by PSMMC as a lecturer and have signed the contract (although I know this doesn't guarantee that everything will workout)

2) How long could the iqama take if I would technically be working for what was formerly Riyadh Military Hospital (under the Ministry of Defense)

3) And then how quickly could I bring my family? And would I be allowed to travel back to bring them in (young infant)?

Thanks so much for your input!

The generic answer: It take a couple of months or more to _____ (fill in the blank).

Frankly, your employer can best answer questions about estimated visa and iqama processing timeframes. Otherwise, you'll get all ranges of responses on this forum.

Bmus wrote:

Hello all;

I am new to joining the forum but have been doing a lot of research.  So any help you can offer me with my questions below would be greatly appreciated!!!

1) I know it's probably variable for everyone but if anyone could tell me their experience in how long it takes from the date of signing the contract to actually getting the visa and your ticket? - Background, I have been offered a job by PSMMC as a lecturer and have signed the contract (although I know this doesn't guarantee that everything will workout)

2) How long could the iqama take if I would technically be working for what was formerly Riyadh Military Hospital (under the Ministry of Defense)

3) And then how quickly could I bring my family? And would I be allowed to travel back to bring them in (young infant)?

Thanks so much for your input!

If all your certificates are attested, did the medical and application submitted at the embassy, then in 1 week you will get the visa. Its not the visa issuance process that is often taking time, but the attestation and other paper work and it depends on people as to how fast you complete the requirements. A best bet would be at least 30 days.

After arrival you have to do a medical test again and submit all documents, an iqama can be issued regardless of the employer in 1 week (normal time frame of processing) but depends on several other factors. Keep 2-3 weeks as a buffer period for you.

As soon as you have the iqama you can apply for family visa ( some employers have a condition that you should complete the probation, you might want to check it with your employer). The visa can be issued in 2 weeks time and again conditions apply as stated above on this time frame. You then send the visa to your family in your home country and they get it processed and then joins you. As to you traveling to bring them, you need to discuss this with your employer , in terms of taking a leave or leaving to bring them. Most employers would agree.

Thanks so much for both answers.  It helps give me some idea of what to expect but I guess I have to keep an open mind as well.

Thanks again!