Moving to Tain from America

Hello everyone!  A newbie to Scotland here so any and all information you can give me is greatly appreciated!!!  Does Scotland allow parents to homeschool their children?  Is there a limit of cats and/or dogs you can bring over (I have 3 cats and 2 dogs)?  Is the cost of living comparable to Texas? Thanks everyone!!!

Hi Leesia, There is no limit that I have heard of on the number of animals you can bring though getting them all across the Atlantic will be very pricey. See https://www.gov.uk/pet-travel-informati … erritories
Finding rental accommodation that will allow 5 pets will likely take some time. Is it a company move? maybe they can find some temporary place for you.
Costs: well you won't need air conditioning in Scotland - it never gets hot enough but you will spend a lot on winter fuel. If you have visas valid for more than 6 months you can use the NHS so you won't need health insurance. Petrol will cost you double the US cost, food is about the same as in the US, overall it probably evens out.

Thank you Bob. Yes, it is a company move.

The Numbeo website offers a good tool to compare prices between cities: www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/comparison.jsp

Thank you. Do you know about home schooling?  Is it allowed?

I have no idea. My personal opinion is that if you are migrating with children, to send them to the local school will greatly help them adapt to the new country, and also make new friends. Worth considering.

Thank you.