Return ticket or onward ticket

I'm from EU and I have only one way ticket to Mauritius. For us is ok to stay there without visa for 90 days.
I got information that I need return or onward ticket.
But I have accommodation for 2 months and would like to wait for best value flight or ship for travel forward.
Any information about that will be very helpful. If you have any experience what to do in this situation. How do you travel around the world? ;P

Hi Mojpe,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

I think you definitely need a return ticket even to be allow in.. I think but I might be wrong here.. hope the other members will be able to give you some more feedback :)

Best wishes

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

hi,

You definitely need a return ticket! There is no one way ticket to Mauritius !

Diena

What you can do is to book a ticket - reservation can do. But no return documents at all will put you in trouble. The immigration authorities will not let you inside the country.

Your visa on arrival is dependent on you having a return ticket amongst other things.
You simply wont be allowed to enter the country without a return ticket.

Thank you all. You all been in great help. I will plan my trip before.
Thanks

If u have a work permit then I think u will be allow to enter but if u don't have a work permit u won't be allow. Actually no country will allow that

@ exdoe > Thanks for your contribution here, however this thread is quite old.

Please feel free to participate on more recent threads on the Mauritius forum.

Best Regards,

Priscilla  :cheers:

you absolutely need a return ticket - otherwise you will be in  a real mess at immigration and make sure you have an accommodation with address and phone number ...good luck...