Advice for moving to Dakar

Hi,

My name's Sam and I really want to relocate to Dakar, Senegal in the next year. I'm finding it hard to arrange anything, particularly jobs from where I currently am (Cambodia). My African friends say I'm unlikely to have much luck doing things online and I need to just go and look for jobs and housing when I arrive. But that makes me nervous,I'd rather have things set up before I arrive. Does anyone have any advice on where I could look for teaching (primary school or English) jobs or have any contacts etc that could help me out?

Thanks,

Sam :-)

Hi Sam

Did you get to Senegal? I'm where you were when this was posted, looking for advise on housing and work on line before we get there..Do you have any tips for me !?

J

Hi Samantha,
I've just read your message.Have you moved to Dakar?
Bye
Cheikh

Hi Sam,

There are some English schools here. Some other institutions use mostly the English language in their operations. Ideally however, speaking English and French will increase your chances of quickly finding a job. But most importantly, find you some reliable friends who have connections and can provide guidance once you get here.
Good luck.

I think i can help inbox me