Help needed- Studying and london & need help for accomodation

Hi everyone on this board

I`m from bahrain, no expat here, but I thought I could benefit from the knowledge of some of the expats here on this board, so here I go :)

I`m a 28 yr old bahraini female, I will be studying in the UK for my masters degree this coming September- in london,

I was wondering if someone could help me with the best accommodation options for staying there ( approx 3-6 months).I have already checked few student accommodations and apart from being pretty expensive and TINY, the let is for 51 months (and I expect to be there for less than half the period).

So anyone here from london or has lived there and could help/offer advise as to where and what accommodation options for me :)

Thanks

Daisy

Daisy,

Although not from London Im from Manchester it is pretty much the same.

Student accommodation is usually for the whole year, normally Sept through to June the following year.  For this reason 99% of the student accommodation will be the same.  This also tends to be rather expensive as students want to live together.

I can only suggest you rent a room in a house, many universities will put you in touch with an estate agent or local paper that offer these services.

If not try google, look for the local paper to the uni and there may be some classified ads in the paper.

Hope you have better luck than you having and enjoy London.

Paul

Thanks boltonboy.. I`m aware of the student lets since I did my BSc in the uk too, a few years back. I just thought that with london there could be different accommodation/living options

Hi

I would post on the UK forum but also I'd get a room in a family home if possible. When I was younger my mum rented out our spare room to students and they didn't feel so alone sharing with a family. It reduces the cost too. Other option is where a landlord rents out all of the rooms in his property so you have your own room and then shared facilities.

When I was back in the UK, some of my friends have used Scape Living (http://www.scapeliving.com/home) and they were very happy about it (but it is a bit pricey). Visit London forum and try to post your question there. Good luck!

Gumtree
Spareroom

Try these websites. A lot of private ads to rent rooms into sharing flats. Even with short term contract.

Thanks for the tips :)

You're welcome. Let us know how you get on.