Regarding STC 100 MBPS router

Dear All,

Any one can tell regarding STC 100 MBPS router 1400 SAR for 14 Months, How much the speed we can get or about router, is router is working fine. Please update us I am going to buy STC 100 MBPS Router. Someone told me WiFi of router is not working fine...

Hi luckyimam,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I have created a new topic with your question on the Riyadh forum. Please do not hesitate to view other topics on the forum.

ps: and please avoid posting the same msg on all the forums. ;)

Thank you,
All the best,
Christine
Expat.com team

luckyimam wrote:

Dear All,

Any one can tell regarding STC 100 MBPS router 1400 SAR for 14 Months, How much the speed we can get or about router, is router is working fine. Please update us I am going to buy STC 100 MBPS Router. Someone told me WiFi of router is not working fine...

STC 100 MBPS router. means 100 Mega Bytes per second, but they usually use Bits here which is slower than bytes. 100 Mega bits is much slower than 100 mega bytes, and if you add to that the fact that it will be slower if there is high traffic. It will get frustrating. I'm currently using Mobily broadband, and it works great most of the time, but it does slow down in peak hours

ahelpfulsaudi wrote:
luckyimam wrote:

Dear All,

STC 100 MBPS router. means 100 Mega Bytes per second, but they usually use Bits here which is slower than bytes. 100 Mega bits is much slower than 100 mega bytes,

Capital B is for Bytes
Small b is for bits.

8 bits = 1 Byte
100 Mega bits/second = 12.5 Mega Bytes/second (you can't equate it to 100 Mega Bytes/second)

Service providers promise certain speed but can't fulfill because of many different factors as you said.

Hi,

I won't say to get 1400SAR 12 months package. Instead, get a three months or 1month package, check how it works in your area. If it give your satisfaction, stick with it :)

and no problem with wifi with that modem. It works good.

luckyimam wrote:

Dear All,

Few months back I used STC Wifi router but I don't remember the speed. It was working fine but when I shift into new house it stopped working all of a sudden. When I complained about it, they said there are no proper signals in your area.

Sometimes it may happen that you wont be getting proper wifi signals.

So I suggest you to take 20 MBPS optical fiber cable connection which includes wifi modem too. I've been using it since 5 months and it works like a charm. :up: (300 SR/month)