New to Riyadh Need Visa Card

Hi,

I have been in Riyadh since the 3rd of this month, i am trying to get a visa card as with a normal ATM debit card i cant by things from online websites so i really need a visa or MasterCard also want to buy some furniture riyad bank have told me to come back after 1 month to obtain a credit card :S? is there any bank that would give me a credit card? i am from the UK and no an high package and salary surely no should make a fuss you would think so?

thnks

choudhers wrote:

Hi,

I have been in Riyadh since the 3rd of this month, i am trying to get a visa card as with a normal ATM debit card i cant by things from online websites so i really need a visa or MasterCard also want to buy some furniture riyad bank have told me to come back after 1 month to obtain a credit card :S? is there any bank that would give me a credit card? i am from the UK and no an high package and salary surely no should make a fuss you would think so?

thnks

You can get credit card from NCB Bank (Al Ahli). Here are the details:

Getting the Credit Card

To apply for the Qitaf Credit Card, you will need:

To be 20-59 years old  (21-60 years old based on the Hijjri calendar)
    A minimum income of:
        SAR 2,500 for the Qitaf Gold Credit Card
        SAR 15,000 for the Qitaf Titanium Credit Card
        SAR 25,000 for the Qitaf Platinum Credit Card
    To have been continuously employed for a minimum of 3 months
    To have one of STC's services registered under your name

Please call 920 011 005 to apply

For more details visit HERE

Before the financial crises, banks use to promote credit cards like crazy and they were the ones running after people to get them. NOW, it's the other way around.

I don't know of any bank that will give you a credit card if you don't have an account with them (even if their website says something else) also the will ask for a letter from your employer and it will take at least 10 days.

A faster option is applying for a Prepaid Credit Card, this will take around 4 days in most banks.

choudhers wrote:

Hi,

thnks

if you want it quick, goto Amex, apply online they will give you a call. within 2 weeks everything should be done!

Somehow, you've chosen 'Riyad Bank' to go with which I've heard only bad things about :(

NCB as well is known as slowest performing customer servicing bank.

Ahmed is right. You may get prepaid card faster. More infor here:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=282130

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Somehow, you've chosen 'Riyad Bank' to go with which I've heard only bad things about :(

NCB as well is known as slowest performing customer servicing bank.

Ahmed is right. You may get prepaid card faster. More infor here:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=282130

Amex is fast!!

choudhers wrote:

Hi,

thnks

You must wait for 3 salaries to be put into your bank account before a bank would entertain your request.