Clubs/Bar during ramadan ?

Hey there,

I'm in Jakarta since 2 months already (Internship) and I just heard that clubs and bars are closed during Ramadan...

Is it true ? Are some still open ? I live in kuningan !

During certain times in Ramadhan, Alcohol will be not on sale anywhere. However as far as I remember that is for one 2 days. Some bars and clubs may stop selling alcohol for the duration but will be open. Most bars and clubs will have restricted opening times which is only fair to those that work in those places.

Seeing you are in Kuningan walk up to Aphrodites and ask them, they will give the best information.

lukereg wrote:

During certain times in Ramadhan, Alcohol will be not on sale anywhere. However as far as I remember that is for one 2 days. Some bars and clubs may stop selling alcohol for the duration but will be open. Most bars and clubs will have restricted opening times which is only fair to those that work in those places.

Seeing you are in Kuningan walk up to Aphrodites and ask them, they will give the best information.

no alcohol is not a problem for me since I am not a big drinker but I guess a lot of those open places will have almost no people in it and I love people :p

Thank you very much anyway !

hey marc if the only reason you hang out is to meet people and looking some crowd... don't worry... this is Jakarta, the city is never sleep.. :) living in kuningan is also help coz its the central of the crowd :)

U can still meet people and hang out anywhere...
but in the end of ramadhan days... u will see the different view of Jakarta which is not as crowded as you see before :)

Enjoy Jakarta :)

Hi Marc,

As Reza says, Jakarta never sleeps, um except in Ramadan, and that's only between 4am and 6am.

Most of the big clubs will still be open, but they will close early, I arrived just before Ramadan and seem to remember them closing around 4.

The expat bars will still be serving beer, but in mugs not glasses, so Aphrodite, Cazbar, etc still open around Kunningan.

Though everything shuts down for the end of Ramadan, 36 hours.

Looking forward to seeing the city sleep for a day :D

Except of course everyone will be up for Idul Fitri :D

The city never sleeps so does sam in the weekend
Looking forward to hearing sam take a rest for a day also lol...

:P

There are plenty of places you still can go to. But they usually close the curtains. Serve beers in mugs as if you're drinking tea or coffee, close earlier than usual. For additional info, most restaurants will be open aswell (with the curtains closed), there will be a few that open on the Lebaran day (celebration day after fasting month/ Eid al fitri).

Dont hesitate to ask for more information.

Usually all club, bars and discotic will be closed by government while bulan suci ramadhan

Hi....
Ya mostly bar not as busy as usual... but as i know jalan jaksa still crowded althought its ramadhan month...
:)

Jaksa's a dump. Better Kemang, Kuninghan, Lawsons, that sit around  in there. It's changed too much and much of the character has gone. The beer may be cheap but thats not so uncommon elsewhere these days.

Fez in Kemang and CJ in Mulia is definitely open, you can stil drink with normal beer bottle, shot glasses, martini glasses, all normal in both places...went last weekend.

As i know Loewy serve drink except first day of Ramadan. and liquid exchange located at epic walk open too.

for club, usually clubs in hotel still open like cj(mulia), bats(shangri la), etc. i heard one in borbudur hotel is quite nice to hang out during Ramadan but i never tried it.

last Satur day i went to immigrant at plaza indonesia and its still open during ramadan. but close at 2. also not so crowded as before. but still ok.

Beer garden in SCBD area is open!

lukereg wrote:

Jaksa's a dump. Better Kemang, Kuninghan,

I walked down Jaksa when I first came to Indonesia.
I have no wish to ever walk down there again except maybe for a photo shoot.
Calling the place, "a dump" is an insult to the rubbish collectors who live on dumps.

As for Kemang and Kuninghan, see the two at night on one occasion and I have no special wish to return except perhaps to try that Iranian restaurant. That looked pretty good.

Both areas have crazy expensive everything and are clearly aimed at people with more cash than brains.

However, I'm married, old and boring so I may just be being grumpy.

it is open and I am still partying every weekend
the most happening is fable in SCBD the rest is bit quite...
party up!

try SKYE cafe on rooftop of Menara BCA..
The cafe with the best view of jakarta's sky line..
the bar still open.. many expats hang out there..
but the price.. its relative.. a cup of cappucino  : US$12

Since we seem to be plugging bars here, Cazbar is still open late, though it will be closed Thursday to Saturday along with everything else (apart from Stadium?)

It's not expensive Mas Fred, I don't go to Loewy for what I guess are some of the same reason as you, but Cazbar is friendly, has live music and reasonably priced beer.

My balcony is open 24 hours a day with as much beer as Indomaret can supply. Live entertainment includes monkey shows and the coconut truck being unloaded down below. Food comes from a range of highly sort after Indonesian cooks and is freshly cooked as you wait. Live music and sounds provided through the evening via the mosques and for this week only free fireworks every night at random across the sky.  Nice view of the city looking north. Cant say fairer than that!

What a Nice place and live :)

Welcome to jakarta Renwn,

Are you living in Pacuan Kuda, Rawamangun, East Jakarta?

I hope you will enjoy your live here, enjoy the traffic, crowded, noisy, haha, but lovely people, warm, welcome, friendly,

If you like shopping, crazy on it, restaurants, Kelapa Gading Mall, Lapiassa are a good place to visit, just take about 15 minutes from Pacuan Kuda,

Use only Blue bird taxi, why? it is the best taxi in the here, some of the driver can speak english, honest and, good service.

Enjoy Jakarta During long holiday, Renwn :)

Any bar open tomorrow night..? Somewhere near sudirman/senayan?

I am actually wondering the same for this Saturday. On Friday, i think everything will be closed (dont know about Kota area) since it is still the 2nd day of Idul Fitri. For Sat, i know x2, Red Square amd BATS are closed. I think CJ in hotel mulia is open. Anyone else know other venue that might be open on Saturday?

Thanks.. let me try CJs tonight or tomorrow night.. let me know if you find other places..

MarcAntoine31 wrote:

Hey there,

I'm in Jakarta since 2 months already (Internship) and I just heard that clubs and bars are closed during Ramadan...

Is it true ? Are some still open ? I live in kuningan !

the one club which never close in ramadhan is STADIUM, kota :)

justputri wrote:

the one club which never close in ramadhan is STADIUM, kota :)

out of date