Us citizen marrying a tunisan man

i am marrying this guy thats from tunis and im from usa. and i need to know is it easier for me to come there first for marriage or for him to come to the usa first? he has a passport so what else would he need to come to the states? what all things will i need to come over ther in order to get married?

Hi carmel_latte,

welcome to Expat.com!

I hope other members will be able to advise you.

All the best,
Christine

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

:(

:

I was married in Ez-Zahra last August. An American needs to see the embassy for your permission to marry. I needed 2 birth certificates that I got 20 days or less before the wedding and my passport.
There have been many problems since we have been married. Inbox me if you want details on those.
Good luck to you ladies.

Hello justmacy.

Perhaps could you share your informations, tips and experiences with us on the forum in order to help the other members who are facing the same problem or considering to marry a tunisian man.

Thank you for your comprehension

Karen :)

OK, I will be honest with everyone.  If you are a US citizen, the process is one of the easiest to do.  I had to visit the Embassy and get the papers needed to give to the Municipality.  I had to visit a doctor for a quick physical which took about 10 minutes.  After that they took my 2 Birth Certificates (have to be obtained within 20 days of the wedding) and scheduled the wedding.
What I will say is that be very familiar with the culture, or you will be in for a shock afterwards.  I started the Immigration process in a week, when I arrived home.  10 months later he was denied.  The culture is very different from America and if Immigration is what you are going to do, please be careful what you post on Social Networks, in E-mails and the company you keep.  My husband was denied because he was involved with other women and they saw it as Marriage Fraud.  He said he was doing nothing.
While most friendships are just that, mine was not the case.  He thought that since I was not there with him he was still a single man.  I wish you all better luck that what I have had.

Hmmm

I was married a year ago and I did not bring anyone with me to witness. We did have 2 witnesses but they were his family.  Just the birth certificates, permission to marry from the Embassy, and a doctors visit

Thanks

Candygirl

I would terminate the relationship. There is nothing honest or open in his dealings with you. Think very hard about what he has contributed to the relationship. Probably nothing. It all seems one sided to me. He seems greedy, two faced and probably the jealous type too.

He is just a devious user and has no intention of sharing anything with you.

I feel that if you go to Tunisia you will be trapped there.

I agree with Stumpy. I like Tunis and the Tunisians in general, but as in every country there are also some criminal characters lurking in the shadows. Lots of girls and women have been lured to seemingly exotic places, and disappeared. Be very, very carefull out there !

justmacy wrote:

OK, I will be honest with everyone.  If you are a US citizen, the process is one of the easiest to do.  I had to visit the Embassy and get the papers needed to give to the Municipality.  I had to visit a doctor for a quick physical which took about 10 minutes.  After that they took my 2 Birth Certificates (have to be obtained within 20 days of the wedding) and scheduled the wedding.
What I will say is that be very familiar with the culture, or you will be in for a shock afterwards.  I started the Immigration process in a week, when I arrived home.  10 months later he was denied.  The culture is very different from America and if Immigration is what you are going to do, please be careful what you post on Social Networks, in E-mails and the company you keep.  My husband was denied because he was involved with other women and they saw it as Marriage Fraud.  He said he was doing nothing.
While most friendships are just that, mine was not the case.  He thought that since I was not there with him he was still a single man.  I wish you all better luck that what I have had.

I am dating a guy from.Tusinis and so for it's going great but i keep.hearing that they have been denied in coming to the USA.  Thats where I'm from just hope im not making any mistakes myself for Hes a great guy and i do love him.but u always have to be careful..

i find it odd that i even have a profile on here and im from.US but its description is that of my boyfriend. Somethings not right...

Hello Sue,

Welcome to the forum.

This thread is from 2013, these members haven't connected since long.

As for the issue about your description, verify that the information you have registered are correct, mail etc...

If you need any assistance or wish that we verify your account, send me a mail here : https://www.expat.com/en/contact.html

All the best,
Bhavna