A Quick Survey for Bali Based Expats.

Compiling some data for the Governor's office and the office of the DPRD, Bali, you are invited to participate in this survey which is for current expats living on Bali at this time.

It's only ten questions and should only take a few minutes at most to complete.

Many thanks in advance for your honest answers and the time you took to provide them. 

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9FRHBYR

1. I moved to Bali from,

I moved to Bali from,   

Australia

The EU

Canada

The US

Another part of Asia

Other

There needs to be a UK option unless US of America and Canada are going to be lumped together.
Britain may well be part of the EU but not because any of us voted for that especially cretinous stupidity - more because corrupt politicians wanted to get on the gravy train.

As you say Fred, the UK is part of the EU. ;)

Ubudian wrote:

As you say Fred, the UK is part of the EU. ;)

Only in some political circles.
The vast majority of British people disagree.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/willh … ltogether/http://finance.townhall.com/columnists/ … /page/fullhttp://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/02/1 … BE20130218

As a note - The British public has ever voted or been allowed a vote on membership of the EU.
The only vote was for membership of an European free trade zone and none about giving other countries' unelected pen pushers the ability to change UK law.
I was too young to vote in that so I have never had a choice at all.

Hopefully, this terrible mistake will be corrected with a referendum. Only the corrupt politicians and those with political agendas are trying to stop this taking place.

Britain is not a member of the EU by popular choice and should not be considered so.

“Only in some political circles.  The vast majority of British people disagree.”

“Hopefully, this terrible mistake will be corrected with a referendum.”

But no referendum vote will come unless the Conservatives win the next general election.

“Britain is not a member of the EU by popular choice and should not be considered so.”

But, the point in fact is that the UK is currently part of the EU, public opinion not withstanding.  If it withdraws it would be the first member state to leave the EU.

“No member state has ever held a national referendum on withdrawal from the European Union, though in 1975 the United Kingdom held a national referendum on withdrawal from its predecessor, the EEC; 67.2% of voters chose to remain in the Community.”

And there is opposition to leaving the EU within the UK:

http://flipchartfairytales.wordpress.co … 5/19/6793/

Anyway Fred, for the purpose of the poll I'm conducting, the UK is included in the EU.

Ubudian wrote:

“No member state has ever held a national referendum on withdrawal from the European Union, though in 1975 the United Kingdom held a national referendum on withdrawal from its predecessor, the EEC; 67.2% of voters chose to remain in the Community.”

The EEC was very different from the EU.
Britain at the time, voted for membership of a free trade zone (An excellent idea) but the rest was forced upon us by corrupt politicians with a personal agenda of a very nice European job with loads of money but no actual work.
The EU is extremely and rightly unpopular in England and the majority of us are NOT members of the EU and never want to be.

I'm English first, then British but I'm not European in anything other than geography.
A lot of British people find the idea of being called, "European". abhorrent; as I do.
Most of us see the EU as the Basque people see Spain or the people of Eire saw the British in 1916.
The EU is essentially an invading force but our cowardly, corrupt politicians surrendered without a fight, Vidkun Quisling style, in order to get a nice job with the occupying forces.

Britain can no longer control it's own law because European law is considered above our own national interest. No one voted to allow our parliament's balls to be chopped off and not that many people want it.

Other than that total disinterest in being European and total disdain for the everything European political integration stands for, we're as European as the people of Cyprus were Nazis in 1942.
Not at all.

In my opinion, any and all politicians who voted to give up Britain's sovereign rights should be charged with treason and executed as traitors, Vidkun Quisling style.

Anyway - think happy thoughts.
Your thread keeps getting a bump :D

Originally from the states I have little knowledge or interest in British politics but I do find it very interesting that the EU in the UK seems to be as contentious and emotionally heated as Obama care and gun control is in the US. 

Not being English I have no personal opinion regarding the UK's continued inclusion in the EU, and not residing in the US I also have no strong personal opinion regarding Obama care.  I do however have strong opinions about gun control and that is one area where the US could use some lessons from the UK. 

Thanks for sharing your views Fred…and the bumps too! 

Cheers!

You're welcome.

mas fred wrote:

There needs to be a UK option unless US of America and Canada are going to be lumped together.
Britain may well be part of the EU but not because any of us voted for that especially cretinous stupidity - more because corrupt politicians wanted to get on the gravy train.

The difference is that the United States and Canada are deeply in love while no one in Europe even wants a one nighter with Britain.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:
mas fred wrote:

The difference is that the United States and Canada are deeply in love while no one in Europe even wants a one nighter with Britain.

Are Canadians in love with the states?

"Are Canadians in love with the states?"

Only out of necessity.

Do they have a choice?

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

Do they have a choice?

No, not really.

Resistance is futile.

HELLO
what you research excatly
best regards

If you go to the link in the original post you can read the questions for yourself, but, being that you are not an expat living on Bali there is little point unless you're just curious.