Plan for Vanuatu

Hello I/we are brand new to this forum :)

We have a 3.5 - 5 year plan to move to Vanuatu via sailboat from seattle :)

He is Military and has 3.5 years left, by then we hope to have bought and updated our sailboat and be close to ready to go....

I would love any input from any of you all as to things to keep in mind for arriving, moving to and living in Vanuatu, how much cash reserves would be acceptable to get settled there, job possibilities, lifestyle and how its different from here in USA etc We plan on staying on our boat initially once we arrive while we decide where to live....

what are the things you wish you knew when you just started planning to move?

Hello Carrie & Nick.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll be advised soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

are you sure you want to arrive by boat?  Just wondering.  I sold my boats, except for a small one that I can ship there.  I would love to be able to take my larger boat, but the gas to get it there would be crazy.  I understand you don't have that worry with a sailboat.  but isn't a small one day trip by airplane a faster and easier way to travel?  I am not you, and I don't have the ability to pass judgement on your life.  to you, sailing may be the greatest fun in the world, I just wonder if I could do that.

Hi Carrie & Nick,
I'm not sure if the answer is splashed across the ex-pat blog, or if it's private.
I would be more than happy to answer your questions.
See if you can send me a private message. Look forward to hearing from you.
Paradise, over and out.

Hi Mookelama's kid,

Feel free to share useful information here on the Vanuatu Forum. It might be helpful to the other members :D

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team