Freshly graduated planning to move to Panama

Hey,

I'm Victor, writing from Central Europe, Hungary. I've just finished with my studies, and now I possess an Oxford Brookes degree in international business relations, and another one in marketing. I'm 24, and totally tired of EU. I have just decided to move to Latin America, and at the moment Panama is the city that I'm thinking about. What I would like to know is the following:
How hard is it to find a job for a freshly graduated european guy? (I have 3 years of experience in international transportation and logistics.)
I read many forums, and it is still not clear that if I want to live in an average lifestyle, no big mansions with pools, no restaurants 3x a day, no fancy desires at all, then how much money would I need to ensure my living for at least 3 months, until I find a proper job? How much money can a young expert expect for instance in the transportation/logistics sector?
Another important matter, I speak fluent english and hungarian, intermediate italian, and I'm about to start spanish now. My planned departure to Latin America is in September, so I have approx. 2 months to learn the basics, which might be not that hard after  italian, at least I hope so. Is it possible to find a proper job even without spanish kowledge?

On the other hand, I'm thinking about another solution. There are many possibilities to work as a volunteer in local hosts, for accomodation and food. I read almost only positive feedbacks, and it might be a good opportunity to practice spanish, get to know the country, and maybe establish new relations. What do you guys think?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Br,

V.

Hello Victor.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Wish you good luck in your job search.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thank you Aurelie, hopefully I'm going to get some information regarding my concerns soon.

The city is not cheap. Transportation is a mess right now with the subway construction. Wages are quite low but moving up. I think not being fluent would be a major problem also. Figure $800/month for a small apartment, and add another $1000 for food, etc.

Prospects for you finding a decent job without Spanish, without connections (important in Panama), and without specialized skills are quite slim, but I have to be honest with you.

Volunteering of course is more viable but work on your Spanish. Despite what many websites say, English is NOT commonly spoken here.

Thanks for your reply. What do you mean by quiet low? Logistics might be a specialized skill, isn't it?