Best airline policy for pets

Hi ladies, guys :)

I'm moving to California in the end of the year with my two cats. One of them is too fat to stay in the cabin with us and I was just wondering if you could advice me with a serious and high quality airline company that takes pets SERIOUSLY.

I heard Delta airlines had lost a couple of them already and therefore are out of the picture.

I don't want to travel with AIR FRANCE either for personal reasons.

The thing is I want both my cats and I to be safe, as I'm really afraid to fly.

What left is there, do you have any memory of when you traveled from/to Europe?

Thank you so much in advance!

Not sure where you are departing from -  KLM  BA VIRGIN  are all good.

Sorry about that, of course I didn't mention it. I'm departing from Paris (Roissy CDG airport).

If u r bringing your pets in from abroad first find out what sort out of International Health certificates r required in the US. The best thing to ensure safe travel and to avoid having to change planes.  The fewer times kitty has to change planes the easier and less stressful  Also check the weather if u avoid travel on very hot or cold days to avoid the possibility of heatstroke.  Actually DL has a notification process so that anxious pet parents r told when their pet has been boarded. taping information inside the carrier in addition to making sure a WORKING phone number is on your pets id tags on their collar.  Sadly, pets have been lost when a ground service agent out of concern for its well being opens the carrier to give the pet water or check on its well being and the pet panics and escapes and lack the proper id or microchip to help it find it's owner.