Five kids, One husband (luckily) and two dogs to Noumea!?

Bonjour,

I am a busy mum to our five children, and a wife to my ever busy husband. We currently reside in Melbourne, and my husband is pursuing a job in Noumea. Whilst we are very excited that this could eventually mean we have to move, I'd like to know if there's anyone out there who has done a similar move with young children. Of course we have MANY questions. What is the housing like? Could we get a house big enough, close enough to Noumea? What is public transport like? (I do not drive) Is it worth looking into taking our dogs? I'd like to live near water, is that possible? I've heard that the best option for school is James Cook? I'm not too concerned with the language barrier at this stage, as we'd just learn it!! (No point whinging about a language barrier I say!) I'd love to take our own furniture, so if there's any info about that, I'd be grateful.
Would love any info please!

my friend Julie Harris' blog, the best source of info for anglophones coming to NC:

http://newcaledoniatoday.wordpress.com

Hi Shahzad.Hassan,

Welcome to expat-blog!

I suggest you to go through the Noumea forum, you might find out more information on Noumea. :)
-------------

Hello  lehav,

May be you can register ask your friend to register this blog in our Blog directory. This might help. ;)

Thank you,

David.