Job in Alberta

Hi everybody,

Is it complicated to get a job in Alberta? I heard they need a lot of immigrants. What's the best way to find a job in Alberta?

Cheers,

Julien

Hi Julien,
Your message is quite old, but I'll try to answer you.
With about 3% of unemployement, Alberta has an important lack of workers. It's very easy to have a job, when you speak English and have a working visa. BUT all those jobs will be jobs without qualification, paid between 10$ and 14$ per hour. To have a better paid and more interesting job, most of Canadian employers want what they call 'the Canadian experience': a 1st 3-months experience in Canada will open you alot of doors... It's also the case in Alberta, also it's easier to have the 1st experience in Alberta than in Quebec or Ontario, for example. When you have some qualifications and some experience, it's easy to find a job below your qualification. My wife and I found our jobs in 2 weeks only. I have a 7+ yrs XP in IT, I have to do what I did in France 3 yrs ago. After 8 months here, I'm receiving propositions for what I did 1.5 yrs ago. And so...
Tell me if you have more questions!

Hi There Everyone,
currently my OH and I are actively looking for work in Edmonton AB with the view to heading over this summer 2012 I am wondering if we get an LMO and letter of employment and subsequently a TWP what happens if the job just does not work out when you get there, is a TWP employer specific and if so haw easy would it be to get a new one issued once in canada, any advise gratefully received thanks guys

am not yet in canada but i'll love to come over. how possible is it over there for one to combine education with work?

Hi guys. I'm a fully qualified cabinetmaker from Ireland. Will my qualification be recognized in Alberta or will I have some tests or requalifing to do. Also, if on a one year work visa I leave or change jobs do I have to reapply for my visa. How are the job prospects around Calgary for my profession. Thanks.

Hi, I am in Brooks, Alberta at present. I have a seasonal contract that might end from September, but a working contract till starting Des. I am looking for a job maybe in Calgary. How do i approach the situation, any suggestions? Assistance will be ppreciated. RG

It's best to have a clear job search plan mapped out before you arrive in Alberta, even in a hot job market like Fort McMurray. Although there are plenty of jobs available, the process of interviewing potential employers, finding a position you want to work in, a place to live, a bank account, etc, can take at least two or three weeks.  This is time that you may be out of pocket for expenses. thanks cms consulting

hello, i am civil engineering , master degree, 10 years manager of civil construction projects
i have master degree

If you are looking for jobs in Alberta (or elsewhere in Canada) you might want to check online

www.workopolis.comwww.monster.ca

These two are about the best I've heard of recently.

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67118.gif  Cheers,  http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67054.gif
  William James Woodward – Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team