Self employement

Hello,

Does anyone know how to do a self employment business in Mauritius ? Thanks for your response.

Hello nonoebongue.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Maybe you can tell us more about your project.
What kind of business are you looking to create?

You could browse the threads on the Mauritius forum. You'll find a lot of useful informations.

Thank you,
Aurélie

nonoebongue wrote:

Hello,

Does anyone know how to do a self employment business in Mauritius ? Thanks for your response.

Hello, yes I Know, you may contact in my Inbox.

Thanks.

I know too.. so contact my inbox too! Many others know too, so contact them on their inbox!

Self-employed is more related to 'profession' than business.  If you were to do business, in its strict definition, you would be called to opt for the Investor Permit.  You can be a consultant, engineer, lawyer, IT professional - giving your 'expertise' as a service. If you're selling products or goods, you fall into investor.

The official site of the BOI (www.investmauritius.com) will give you some information, or you might want to give them a call and confirm my words.

Beware of those invitations to 'private messaging' - a forum, in my opinion, is meant to share information ... when a question is posted publicly, it's more ethical to answer in public. It's only my opinion, anyway.

I said pRivate message, as i offer a service, & if i say it here, its called advertising, which i can't.

I also offer a private service and for 20 years now. But this forum is not for 'selling' services (as Julien as often mentionned it) - here it is for 'sharing' information.  Else, you can pay for an advertising slot and sell.

Moderators, am I being to zealous here!?  :-)