HOW TO GET NETFLIX IN MALTA – SOLVED!

When you go to Netflix.com, your IP address is being checked by netflix to see where you are located.

If you go to Netflix from a computer that is connected through a standard European IP address, Netflix will display a message that says, “Service is not currently available in your area.”

If your computer shows an IP address outside of the US/UK, you will be blocked from accessing content on Netflix.com.

To fix this you need to change the IP on your computer to show an IP address that is located in the US/UK. That is it!

It may sound complicated but do not worry – its super easy to do this even if you are not a “computer person.”

There are plenty of VPN services around

SMeddie wrote:

It may sound complicated but do not worry – its super easy to do this even if you are not a “computer person.”

.........go on then how's it done? I must admit to not being one of those "computer persons".

Cheers

Hey Mike

Simple

You need a good VPN provider like " Hide My A**" (£5 a month).The setup itself is quite easy and all you have to do is install the small app for either PC or Mac, and then choose what server in the US or UK you want to connect to – that is it. For iPhones, iPads, Android phones and other devices you will get manual settings you need to input. Once again very easy to get started

Cheers
Meds

SMeddie wrote:

Hey Mike

Simple

You need a good VPN provider like " Hide My Ass" (£5 a month).The setup itself is quite easy and all you have to do is install the small app for either PC or Mac, and then choose what server in the US or UK you want to connect to – that is it. For iPhones, iPads, Android phones and other devices you will get manual settings you need to input. Once again very easy to get started

Cheers
Meds

Thanks Meds

as you say..........sounds very simple.

Cheers

ps: think I missed a trick there

Or use Surfeasy as previously discussed.

SMeddie, see this for previous discussions.
(Ignore the pedantic comments/discussions though.)

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=247174

OMG Red has turned into a grumpy Popeye LOL

toonarmy9752 wrote:

Or was he in the U.S.N.?

Terry

gotcha Terry - clearly a top gun - maverick sounds appropriate

Ha ha, taken on a family holiday, messing around. I used that as an image for my copyright 'Popseye' film productions.
(See what I did there?)
;)

toonarmy9752 wrote:

That's what I thought lol

i want to watch movies and series online

ah bernice.... we all do ;)

To be honest I thought that Hide My A** was a very very slow VPN and Ipvanish i find very very quick. Gives you a list of different countries and different IPs. VERY VERY Good and at only $6.49 if you take out a yearly service...

I use the UK side of it and the US side aswell so it works well for everything oh and can be used on your IPAD :) and more than one device at the same time

Julian

PS this is not me advertising my service its me telling you about a great service that i have used

just want to get netflix here in malta.

Anthony See above -

VPN will do it all for you

Julian

I use the Media Hint add on for firefox.  It's free and easy to set up but it only works for netflix.

Hi again SMeddie

We had a discussion about using a UK Apple TV in Malta with Netflix a short while ago.

I found just recently discovered a VPN company called Overplay. They have something called SmartDNS which adds a functionality to Apple TV so that you can get it operating as if in the UK (or even US).

It's not quite a VPN but it does mean that I can now access Netflix using my Apple TV.

I have added it also to my computers (Windows and Mac), iPhones and iPads, etc. From what I have experienced the last few days, it doesn't slow your connection like some VPNs. It's main function is to allow you access to streaming sites abroad. Although not all are covered, I have accessed all the ones I want.

I hope this is helpful. I have no connection with this company, I just discovered it when browsing the Net looking for a solution for my Apple TV. I'm not a computer expert but found the instructions to use this very clear on the website.

CharleyFarley

I have hidden the VPN and can watch Netflix on the computer or stream it on TV.

However, the next question is: How can I watch it as well on my Apple TV ? When I try to start it here it still claims that it is not supported.

Could anybody help please. thanks !

one way is to install the vpn ip addreses it uses direct into the router that way all traffic gets hidden.

or if you can access the apple tv box ip addresses dns addresses you may be able to enter them there

Unotelly has instructions of how to change Apple TV device

I use PureVPN on Windows PC. Its paid service and very easy to setup and it works for US Netflix in Malta.

You will need to change to US server using PureVPN to access US Netflix.

Last time I tried to use US or UK  Netflix they detected I was using a VPN and blocked it. As Netflix is available now in Malta I continued for a while but when they put the price up for a service which is hardly ever updated I scrapped it and watch everything, including new releases, through Exodus on KODI or through my IPTV service for live TV which is almost perfect with no buffering.

Ray

When we moved from the UK last year I told Netflix and my account was updated and really the service never changed, we still pay ( roughly 5.99 euros per month) and we just never had a problem, no hiding our vpn ip address needed!
Debbie 😊

BlossomGray wrote:

When we moved from the UK last year I told Netflix and my account was updated and really the service never changed, we still pay ( roughly 5.99 euros per month) and we just never had a problem, no hiding our vpn ip address needed!
Debbie 😊

Netflix works fine in Malta but there are some UK and US films/series you do not get and if you try and get round that by using a VPN Netflix detects that and blocks the program.
Malta Netflix subscription is now €7.99 for basic non HD or €9.99 for HD. I gave up when it went up to that as the content is not updated often enough.
I now get all films free through Kodi and live TV is available from £5.00 a month through an IPTV service.

Thanks Foxglove!
I'll look into that!
Debbie 😃

Which IPTV service is available from 5GBP? Thats a good price.

Thanks

Magick wrote:

Which IPTV service is available from 5GBP? Thats a good price.

Thanks

GMGM TV, try searching for them on facebook. They are good but don't have catch up or a proper EPG but if you watch through KODI you can link to iVue and get to any channel through their EPG.
I also use Ukskytv which is almost faultless with virtually no buffering but does cost €29 a month, you do get catch up and an EPG. We use that as our main TV through a Mag box so we have a proper remote and use GMGM as a back up on the spare tv's, tablets and phone if required!

Ray

Thank you for your advice. My concern is Ive heard Melita, which happens to be my internet provider, throttles the download speed. Do you think that might be a real problem?

Thanks

You can never be sure but you can avoid that by using a VPN or Smart DNS.
Most IPTV services will run ok with a minimum of around 2Mbps so it is not usually a problem.
The problems with buffering or dropping out are often the servers used to stream being overloaded or a bottle neck in the internet system. I ran a test once and found most of the problems centred around Milan!

Ray